MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Full-Time Student and HSR Pass Question jamiebenyovi Academics 0 06-25-2013 05:36 PM
Summer School Bus Pass? oxelhs Academics 3 04-29-2012 10:42 PM
bus pass question Starry First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 02-07-2011 04:25 PM
HSR Summer Student Pass HeatherH General Discussion 5 04-26-2009 02:32 PM
No Bus Pass During Summer joset2 General Discussion 13 04-12-2008 05:56 PM

Hsr Summer Bus Pass Question

Old 05-07-2014 at 12:23 PM   #1
Science Rocks

Liked: 6 Times

Hsr Summer Bus Pass Question
Whats up with the summer buss pass this year for the HSR, I tried to get on the bus two times and the bus driver says you need a yellow bus pass along with the student id sticker. Is anyone else getting this strange never happened before. Anyone know if the bus drivers are wrong or is this a new rule?
Old 05-07-2014 at 12:41 PM   #2
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 326 Times

There is no summer bus pass included in your tuition. A referendum was passed to make future bus passes cover the entire 12 months of a school year, and this will begin during the next school year, starting September 2014. Not sure where you got the idea that you have a summer bus pass.

Last edited by Amaryll : 05-07-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Old 05-07-2014 at 12:44 PM   #3
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

I believe you need to buy a seperate bus pass for the summer this year. The full year coverage starts next year
Old 05-07-2014 at 12:44 PM   #4
HILLyBilly
Account Locked

Liked: 13 Times

Don't spend $300 for silly summer pass. That is legal theft.

Find a graduate student and negotiate a deal. Graduate students has the sticker that allows them 12 month pass. They can always get another sticker from the registrar and you save so much money that you can take me out for lunch.
Old 05-07-2014 at 04:02 PM   #5
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

You have to buy the summer bus pass in Compass but you must be taking summer school in order to do so. The four month one cost almost $300. If you're not busing all the time during the 4 month summer break, it's not worth the buy. Stick with bus tickets...
Old 05-07-2014 at 09:12 PM   #6
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILLyBilly View Post
Don't spend $300 for silly summer pass. That is legal theft.

Find a graduate student and negotiate a deal. Graduate students has the sticker that allows them 12 month pass. They can always get another sticker from the registrar and you save so much money that you can take me out for lunch.
And that's straight-up illegal and can net you fines, card being taken from you and/or a criminal record. Compared to other transit systems, the $88/month regular price for a monthly pass is a steal.

jamescw1234 likes this.
Old 05-07-2014 at 09:15 PM   #7
HILLyBilly
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by eullwm View Post
And that's straight-up illegal and can net you fines, card being taken from you and/or a criminal record. Compared to other transit systems, the $88/month regular price for a monthly pass is a steal.
Harmless crime considering how much Hamilton Transit is netting from all the schools. Its like downloading (and uploading via P2P) a movie or watching it on line. That is also straight up illegal too (especially in the US).

Using pirated Windows? Yep, illegal too. How about downloading txtbooks? Yep. Everyone does it though.
Old 05-07-2014 at 09:32 PM   #8
quinta

Liked: 18 Times

mannn no one had told me I also needed my student ID on me. I've been getting on the bus fine with just the summer pass then I tried to get on the Barton bus and the woman made me show my student ID too...I was like uhh I didn't know I needed it cause no one has ever asked for it...fking left me stranded downtown lol. But dayum was she ever rude about it...
Old 05-07-2014 at 09:50 PM   #9
HILLyBilly
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinta View Post
mannn no one had told me I also needed my student ID on me. I've been getting on the bus fine with just the summer pass then I tried to get on the Barton bus and the woman made me show my student ID too...I was like uhh I didn't know I needed it cause no one has ever asked for it...fking left me stranded downtown lol. But dayum was she ever rude about it...
That is the general consensus for female bus driver. Rude, always late for their stop and just plain bad driver.

I would have recorded the bus number and time to filed a formal complain. Leaving a person stranded downtown Hamilton is similar to attempted murder in my eyes. I'm really raging hard reading your experiences.

Next time, get a presto card. Even if you have no fund in it, you can still make one way trip back so you won't be in the same situation.

quinta says thanks to HILLyBilly for this post.
Old 05-07-2014 at 10:03 PM   #10
DarkHalo

Liked: 3 Times

Pft crime, no bus driver is going to ask you for proof that you're a grad student. It costs them $30 to replace their card, so make a deal with a grad student.

HILLyBilly likes this.
Old 05-07-2014 at 10:07 PM   #11
HILLyBilly
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHalo View Post
Pft crime, no bus driver is going to ask you for proof that you're a grad student. It costs them $30 to replace their card, so make a deal with a grad student.
You... YOU... I like you.
Old 05-07-2014 at 10:38 PM   #12
quinta

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILLyBilly View Post
That is the general consensus for female bus driver. Rude, always late for their stop and just plain bad driver.

I would have recorded the bus number and time to filed a formal complain. Leaving a person stranded downtown Hamilton is similar to attempted murder in my eyes. I'm really raging hard reading your experiences.

Next time, get a presto card. Even if you have no fund in it, you can still make one way trip back so you won't be in the same situation.
I'll look into getting a presto card. Thanks!!
Also I actually didn't know you could complain about bus drivers!!! :$ ugh and its always a woman too -.-' this is the 3rd time a female bus driver has given me a hard time :(
If this ever happens again I'm definitely filing a formal complaint