MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Enviro 1G03 and Earth Sci 1G03 danzai Academics 2 08-07-2010 11:31 AM
Envirsci 1g03 sj316 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-11-2008 01:11 AM

Hth Sci 1g03

Hth Sci 1g03
Psychobiology
Published by Zebedee
05-16-2012
Published by
Resident Artist

Author review
Overall Rating
50%50%50%
Professor Rating
30%30%30%
Interest
60%60%60%
Easiness
30%30%30%
Average 43%
Hth Sci 1g03

Course Outline: Weekly journal entries about the lectures, what you learnt, etc. ; two group essays.
All of your mark comes from one TA...which leaves subjectivity in marks very high.

I found this course to be very scattered and a little confusing. Luckily, neuroscience is my forte, and I was already familiar with most of the material presented. The prof, however, was difficult to follow, and often went on tangents which did not relate to the lecture material. I found myself doing extra readings to learn what had been posted on the lecture slides, but the professor ran out of time to discuss. However, there are some very interesting videos and activities done in this class, which help enforce key ideas. The professor clearly enjoys what he does, and that is appreciable in any university course. The TA's are quite useless, as they do very little other than grade your work (without constructive feedback).

On the whole, I would say this course is a step in the right direction. The vast majority of those enrolled in it take it as a required course, so option is removed. Not bad...quite an average course...of the ones I've taken thus far...
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Hth Sci 1g03!

Old 05-17-2012 at 11:42 PM   #2
merwinn

Liked: 0 Times
I actually found my TA to be really helpful. Our group went up to him several times while writing our essay, and he's been very straight forward with what he wants and what he's looking for. The essays are pretty simple in hindsight, but will require a substantial amount of time, so be prepared for that.

Also, I found that although the lectures were somewhat hard to follow, you only really needed to pick out a couple details to write out the weekly journals, and after that you can pretty much forget about it. No tests, and the essays don't really relate to lecture that much.
Old 05-19-2012 at 07:56 AM   #3
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times
It really does depend on your TA...but it's a pity that so much lecture time is wasted.

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search