Enviro 1G03 and Earth Sci 1G03 danzai Academics 2 08-07-2010 11:31 AM
ENVIRSCI IB03 or Math 1AA3 Fuma Academics 8 06-28-2009 03:01 PM

Envirsci 1g03

Old 07-10-2008 at 10:02 PM   #1
sj316

Liked: 0 Times

Envirsci 1g03
can anyone tell me about this course?
(interms of its easiness, course breakdown, major assignments..etc,)

Last edited by sj316 : 07-10-2008 at 10:09 PM.
Old 07-11-2008 at 01:11 AM   #2
Cippi

Liked: 1 Time

Here's the full course breakdown from last year: http://www.science.mcmaster. ca/geo...03/geo1g03.pdf

Chances are, it will have changed very little for this September (skimming it over, it appears essentially unchanged from when I took it several years ago).

The only thing that won't tell you is about the easiness of the course - and I have to say, it's not bad at all. If you're taking all the other major first year science courses (calc, chem, bio, physics), it'll definitely be your easiest. The labs can be time-consuming, but the material in them isn't too challenging, and the concepts covered in lecture are fairly basic, too - it's essentially intended as an introduction to earth sciences, since very few people would have taken it in high school.

It can be quite dry at times, but overall, if you have to take a science elective I'd recommend it.