AVOID Humanities 2C03/CMST 2W03 v-pop Academics 17 12-11-2008 11:38 PM
Humanities 2C03/CMST 2W03 kokosas 2nd Year Course Reviews 0 06-14-2008 04:19 PM

Humanities 2C03/Intoto Logic 2B03

Old 06-18-2008 at 05:16 PM   #1
Goce
Elite Member

Liked: 36 Times

Humanities 2C03/Intoto Logic 2B03
One of these is required, but the question I have for those that have taken one or the other is, which one is better? Also, if you could elaborate a little on why this is so, etc, it would be fantastic. I am not a big fan of the regular quiz, and want to know which one would be least painful, and dare I say enjoyable.
Old 06-18-2008 at 05:19 PM   #2
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

Don't take Logic if you want to keep your average. I got a 1 in it and worked my ass of. It's hard. It's intense. It's brutal. If I were to redo it, I could probably get a 10/11 but I wouldn't risk it. The exam is 50% and it was IMPOSSIBLE. I was just stunned because it was so hard. Oh man, nightmare! If you're in Philosophy, like I am, don't take it until you've learned some logic from lectures so you have some exposure to it. Sit in some Logic lectures. Don't take the course until you're ready because it's tough and foreign. It's like a new language and math merged together.
Old 06-18-2008 at 05:26 PM   #3
Goce
Elite Member

That's what I was afraid of hearing lol. Humanities is pretty much the same thing but it doesnt seem as bad, number of quizes and other reasons. I heard the prof was nice, R. Arthur, but that does not mean it will be easy by any stretch. I am pretty sure that Humanities is going to be lectured by M. Walker, another nice guy and perhaps I should go with the familiar face, him. However, his course outline suggests only tests/exams, while the other has weekly assignments and some other ways to earn marks. Thank you for the response, this is a VERY HARD decision. Each time I lean towards philosophy over communications as my 2nd major I question that leaning because of this requirement. Oh how I do wish there was an easy button, or that I was psychic.
Old 06-18-2008 at 05:45 PM   #4
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

I'm in Philosophy and that's the only really hard course. Theothers have some challenge to them but Logic was really bad. However, you only need to pass it. If you get a 1 you're safe. I heard that 2c03 was FARRRRR easier than logic. Sit in on lectures and find out. In the meanwhile, take philosophy courses so you can use it as a minor in worst case scenario. I never intended to become a philosophy major really, it just happened. Every program has one of those courses that you need to take but really dont want to.. logic happens to be it for Philosophy majors
Old 06-18-2008 at 05:57 PM   #5
Goce
Elite Member

thank you for taking time to respond, you are a sweetheart.
Old 06-18-2008 at 07:16 PM   #6
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

I know a lot of people who got 12's in this course when it was a requirement for most Soc Sci programs.

It seems as though you do really well or really bad and the bell curve is some how inverted and/or reversed.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-18-2008 at 07:18 PM   #7
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

If Humanities 2C03 is being taught by Dr. G. Koc DO NOT TAKE IT. She's horrible. You can't understand her and it has nothing to do with her accent, it's her thought proccess. She goes from one idea to another in half a second and expects you to understand how she got there.