MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
6 hours straight of class mcmaster12 Academics 11 08-12-2010 11:17 AM

I'm just going to be straight up about this…

Old 03-07-2011 at 10:46 AM   #1
zango
Elite Member

Liked: 86 Times

I'm just going to be straight up about this…
People need to shut the f uck up.

Seriously, not to be rude, not to be a d ick, but people need to shut the f uck up.

No matter where I go, the library, basement of CNH, upper floors of student centre, ANYWHERE ON CAMPUS, people don't know how to shut up.

Its fine, I understand you see a friend or your studying with a friend, you want to say hi, quick catch up, ask a question. FINE.

But if you're going to hold a conversation longer than 5 f ucking minutes, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Seriously. I've been sitting here while three girls discuss how drunk the one ugly b itch was the other day but the boy she liked didn't want anything to do with her he wanted some other girl with a boyfriend and he started crying… blah blah, SHUT THE F UCK UP.

Then they finally leave, YES! I can study!

NOPE.

Two foreign chicks take their spot and start having what I can only believe to be an angry conversation about the world or their parents/friends.

Seriously, have a conversation, congrats you have friends.

BUT IF ITS GOING TO BE A LONGER ONE, and EVERYONE else around you is completely silent, take the f ucking hint that people are trying to GET SHIT DONE, and f ucking leave you ignorant, arrogant pieces of s hit.

F u c k.

britb, danallan, Eternal Fire, Mikob11, Rubicon, Scuderia all say thanks to zango for this post.

Old 03-07-2011 at 11:15 AM   #2
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

im sorry you dont have people who are interested in talking to you, hope it works out in the end
Old 03-07-2011 at 11:53 AM   #3
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by zango View Post
Seriously. I've been sitting here while three girls discuss how drunk the one ugly b itch was the other day but the boy she liked didn't want anything to do with her he wanted some other girl with a boyfriend and he started crying… blah blah, SHUT THE F UCK UP.
I find girls who laugh on the inhale rather than the exhale are a clear sign of retarded. Hearing this is always my queue to leave.

Parnian, webzn like this.
Old 03-07-2011 at 11:59 AM   #4
mohammyt

Liked: 103 Times

I believe HSC library is a good place for you, no?

Pay919 likes this.
Old 03-07-2011 at 12:03 PM   #5
Pay919

Liked: 57 Times

HSL is pretty quiet, although it can be tough to get a desk at times
Old 03-07-2011 at 12:10 PM   #6
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal View Post
im sorry you dont have people who are interested in talking to you, hope it works out in the end
Seriously? LOL just wait until you actually come to mac and can't find a single good quiet place to study because everywhere you go there's always someone/some group of people that decide it's okay to talk really loud while others are trying to study. I'm sure you'll feel differently then...

I totally agree with the OP, it's super annoying and even HSL has people who decide it's okay to talk on their cell phones near the QUIET study area.

alh24, anon491 like this.
Old 03-07-2011 at 12:15 PM   #7
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Totally agree, lately i cant even find space in empty classrooms
Old 03-07-2011 at 12:22 PM   #8
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciMania View Post
Seriously? LOL just wait until you actually come to mac and can't find a single good quiet place to study because everywhere you go there's always someone/some group of people that decide it's okay to talk really loud while others are trying to study. I'm sure you'll feel differently then...

I totally agree with the OP, it's super annoying and even HSL has people who decide it's okay to talk on their cell phones near the QUIET study area.
ya i know i was just jking

Ive been to mills with my friends its pretty loud there, and when ever we start talking in other libraries we get the stare from upper years lol
Old 03-07-2011 at 12:26 PM   #9
marcie

Liked: 119 Times

100% agreed. People just have no awareness of their surroundings.

This one time I was studying in the quiet study area near the bookshelves on 3rd floor Mills, and these ignorant tards were having a stupidly loud conversation while everyone else in the room was quietly studying... so this tall buff guy sitting at the carrel next to me just gets up from his seat, looks directly at them from over the row of desks and stares for a good 5-10 seconds without saying a word, and then sits back down. They didn't talk for the rest of the time I was there.

It was the funniest thing ever.. but I didn't laugh.. because I was RESPECTFUL OF THE QUIET STUDY ZONE

Old 03-07-2011 at 12:28 PM   #10
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcie View Post
100% agreed. People just have no awareness of their surroundings.

This one time I was studying in the quiet study area near the bookshelves on 3rd floor Mills, and these ignorant tards were having a stupidly loud conversation while everyone else in the room was quietly studying... so this tall buff guy sitting at the carrel next to me just gets up from his seat, looks directly at them from over the row of desks and stares for a good 5-10 seconds without saying a word, and then sits back down. They didn't talk for the rest of the time I was there.

It was the funniest thing ever.. but I didn't laugh.. because I was RESPECTFUL OF THE QUIET STUDY ZONE
Were you turned on from that?
Old 03-07-2011 at 12:30 PM   #11
marcie

Liked: 119 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLN View Post
Were you turned on from that?
..... possibly. He was also studying some form of difficult-looking calculus. Double turn-on.

Old 03-07-2011 at 12:32 PM   #12
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcie View Post
..... possibly. He was also studying some form of difficult-looking calculus. Double turn-on.
At least you are honest!
Old 03-07-2011 at 12:35 PM   #13
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

thank god for tall looking buff dudes.

they always help maintain the quiet status

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 03-07-2011 at 12:51 PM   #14
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Every floor of mills needs a paid, buff, calculus-studying dude man...

Old 03-07-2011 at 01:32 PM   #15
zango
Elite Member

Liked: 86 Times

Glad people agree. Seriously, just some respect for everyone around you trying to study or read would be wonderful.

There's places to have conversations, and places not to.

Even HSL gets loud, especially if your near where the couches/tables are near the computers on the bottom floor, people sitting there feel like they can pretty much yell meanwhile the quiet study area is right beside them.

I'm totally down for library bouncers haha.