MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
chatroulette, mac style? sayok8737 Computers & Tech 4 08-24-2010 10:07 PM
Beta: Header Style Toggle Chad MacInsiders Announcements 42 04-25-2010 06:42 AM
apartment style vs. suite style nick Residence & Housing 4 03-24-2010 12:09 PM
Home-style Fried Rice lilchoconut Recipes 2 06-18-2009 09:19 PM

I'm looking for any apartment style res?

Old 05-31-2011 at 09:00 PM   #1
mimi8330

Liked: 0 Times

I'm looking for any apartment style res?
I'm applying for first year res right now and the app says that I need a min. of 3 top preferences. I'm only considering apartment-style res or anything that can get me a seperate bedroom(everything else can be shared) since i can't sleep with noise & distractions.

so my question is, besides Bates & Mary Keyes, are there any other res that house apartment style rooms? Are quads 4 seperate rooms or a single with 4 beds?
Old 05-31-2011 at 09:04 PM   #2
musicislife

Liked: 10 Times

Keyes isn't apartment, it's suite style. There are a couple of differences (http://housing.mcmaster.ca/Residence...marykeyes.html). A quad is 4 beds in a single room (two bunks)
Old 05-31-2011 at 09:10 PM   #3
caitgambi

Liked: 1 Time

Just say you want a single...
Old 05-31-2011 at 09:11 PM   #4
mimi8330

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicislife View Post
Keyes isn't apartment, it's suite style. There are a couple of differences (http://housing.mcmaster.ca/Residence...marykeyes.html). A quad is 4 beds in a single room (two bunks)
yeah sorry, that's what I meant lool. I should have put any res that has seperate bedrooms instead of specifically apt style

and oh okay that's what i thought too, thanks
Old 05-31-2011 at 09:13 PM   #5
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

What option do I choose if I wish for like my own room, but wouldn't mind a roommate as if it were an apartment?
Old 05-31-2011 at 09:17 PM   #6
mimi8330

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitgambi View Post
Just say you want a single...
haha, but i still want a shared kitchen and everything ..
Old 05-31-2011 at 09:32 PM   #7
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
What option do I choose if I wish for like my own room, but wouldn't mind a roommate as if it were an apartment?
Apartment. o_o Which is Bates. So you end up with an apartment with 4 separate rooms, everything else shared. (bathroom, kitchen, etc.)

Keyes (suite style) has a similar setup, but minor differences as stated above.
Old 05-31-2011 at 09:35 PM   #8
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi8330 View Post
haha, but i still want a shared kitchen and everything ..
Only apartment style (bates) and suite style (keyes) have a kitchen to the apartment/suite themselves. In every other residence you're sharing it with your floor and boy does it get messy...

But also in each case, you get your own separate private room. I believe these are the only two options that will fulfill your requirements for a res style. For having a quiet res, pick residence style that's for quiet, which is Halcyon House (Matthews). Though I must say the bathrooms are Matthews are really tiny, even the showers.

You could also pick double with washroom, which sounds pretty good already.
Old 05-31-2011 at 10:23 PM   #9
lt93

Liked: 69 Times

The difference between Mary Keyes and Bates (Other than the layout) is that while they both have kitchens, Bates has an oven and stove whereas MK only has a stove (or so i've heard), Also MK only offers 4 bedroom rooms where Bates also has 6 Bedroom rooms and 4 Bedroom , Bates also has one bedroom apartments where you have a kitchen, living room, one bedroom which you share but you can choose to make the living room an other bedroom but have to have all the furniture back by the end of the year because you are technically not supposed to move it. But anyways I don't know how common these apts are, I was in Bates and I didn't know anyone who lived in this type of apt.
Old 05-31-2011 at 10:30 PM   #10
DealWithIt

If you have trouble sleeping don't go into Bates.
I was in Bates and unfortunately got a room adjacent to the common room (despite specifically asking to not be placed in one). Was incredibly loud some nights, roommates would keep making noise despite me asking them to stop. Couldn't get to sleep until 4AM some nights...
Old 06-01-2011 at 12:23 AM   #11
MichelleG

A quad is a room with 4 beds, there are no separate rooms. Les Princes is not apartmant style but at least you get your own bathroom. i hope this helps!