MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Important Dates Nino General Discussion 72 08-03-2009 11:13 PM
Important Dates and Deadlines lorend MacInsiders Announcements 7 07-22-2009 09:34 PM
Upcoming Important Dates! (exams, and more) Chad General Discussion 11 03-30-2008 04:36 PM
Important Dates Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 12-20-2007 12:54 AM
Important Dates Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 01-02-2007 04:00 PM

Important OSAP dates

Old 07-27-2009 at 11:21 PM   #1
mcinside
Elite Member

Liked: 23 Times

Important OSAP dates
Don't know if this information went around already but since a lot of people are asking about it, I thought I'd just post up a list of dates to keep in mind.

OSAP Fall term release begins --August 26, 2009
Queen Elizabeth II (Aiming for the Top) appeals deadline --November13, 2009
OSAP Winter term relase begins --January 4, 2010
Deadline for OSAP applications: 2009-2010 fall/winter session --January 29, 2010
OSAP appeals deadline for fall/winter session --March 3, 2010

OSAP loan documents will not be issued after April 4, 2010 (TBA) for the fall/winter study period (last print date 21 days before end of term). You must negotiate loans within 30 days of pick up and before the end of your study period.

Hope this helps

P.S- OSAP pick-up will be somewhere in the first week of school. Not sure when, but we will notified apparently

Zack120 says thanks to mcinside for this post.

feonateresa likes this.
Old 07-28-2009 at 12:12 AM   #2
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Great info! Thanks.
Old 08-12-2009 at 04:31 PM   #3
mcinside
Elite Member

Liked: 23 Times

Oh and just to add, OSAP release means the day you can start coming in to pick up your OSAP documents. This date is just an estimate though so keep checking the website: http://sfas.mcmaster.ca/ for dates

jachill, Zack120 all say thanks to mcinside for this post.
Old 08-14-2009 at 04:42 PM   #4
HarjotS.

Liked: 0 Times

Hey, i just got the OSAP release e-mail which does begin on Aug 26. It also says that we have to bring some documents, one of them being the Mac ID Card but I'm a first year and I don't have it yet. Will i be able to get it in time or what?

If anyone knows something your input would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 08-14-2009 at 06:25 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarjotS. View Post
Hey, i just got the OSAP release e-mail which does begin on Aug 26. It also says that we have to bring some documents, one of them being the Mac ID Card but I'm a first year and I don't have it yet. Will i be able to get it in time or what?

If anyone knows something your input would be appreciated.

Thanks.
It'll most likely come in on time. You can also wait until you move-in (if you are in residence) to pick it up on time. Remember, it only begins on the 26th. It continues well after school starts.
Old 08-14-2009 at 07:03 PM   #6
kumara

Liked: 7 Times

can i still pick up osap release if my osap application is still on hold??
Old 08-14-2009 at 07:08 PM   #7
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumara View Post
can i still pick up osap release if my osap application is still on hold??
If your OSAP application is on hold, then I'm pretty sure your OSAP hasn't been issued yet. When you go to your payment agreement does it say issued or estimate next to OSAP?
Old 08-14-2009 at 07:10 PM   #8
kumara

Liked: 7 Times

it says :
OSAP - PENDING: PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR ENTITLEMENT AMOUNT UP TO

:(
Old 08-14-2009 at 07:58 PM   #9
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Mine is pending too. ;_; It's so stressful, it's already the 14th, and between Mac and OSAP, well, bunch of lackadasical idiots really.
Old 08-14-2009 at 08:19 PM   #10
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
It'll most likely come in on time. You can also wait until you move-in (if you are in residence) to pick it up on time. Remember, it only begins on the 26th. It continues well after school starts.
Is Aug. 26th OSAP pickup only for certain students? In my OSAP statement it says, "Negotiable date: Sept. 10" in red writing at the bottom of the chart with the amounts I'm recieving (loan, grants etc.). I was hoping I could pick it up before school started.
Old 08-14-2009 at 08:38 PM   #11
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
Is Aug. 26th OSAP pickup only for certain students? In my OSAP statement it says, "Negotiable date: Sept. 10" in red writing at the bottom of the chart with the amounts I'm recieving (loan, grants etc.). I was hoping I could pick it up before school started.
Starting on the 26th, all undergrads that have their OSAP issued can pick up their OSAP.

AnguishedEnd says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-14-2009 at 08:40 PM   #12
saukalra
Elite Member

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
Yea my negotiable date is September 10 too. I think everyone has the same negotiable date, but we could pick it up starting August 26.

AnguishedEnd says thanks to saukalra for this post.
Old 08-14-2009 at 08:48 PM   #13
shay

Liked: 0 Times

i just sent my supporting documents for osap yesterday in the mail "snail mail" will i be getting my osap loan on time to pay for sept.1
Old 08-14-2009 at 08:49 PM   #14
Lizliz

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by saukalra View Post
Yea my negotiable date is September 10 too. I think everyone has the same negotiable date, but we could pick it up starting August 26.
by the way which building do we go to to pick it up? the website says somewhere and the email they sent me said somewhere else.

I also emailed the school about the sept. 10 thing and this was their reply:
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']You can pick up your loan before September 10th, 2009. That date means that the funds will not be released until then. You will know if your foundering certificate is ready for pick up 10 business days after when you see “issued” on your OSAP profile. [/font]
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'][/font]
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'][/font]

AnguishedEnd says thanks to Lizliz for this post.
Old 08-14-2009 at 08:51 PM   #15
saukalra
Elite Member

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by shay View Post
i just sent my supporting documents for osap yesterday in the mail "snail mail" will i be getting my osap loan on time to pay for sept.1
As long as you applied to osap before July 15, you should be getting osap on time and it should also show on your PA. It does not really matter when you send in your supporting documents as long as they are sent 90 days before the end of your study period