MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Important Dates Nino General Discussion 72 08-03-2009 11:13 PM
Important Dates and Deadlines lorend MacInsiders Announcements 7 07-22-2009 09:34 PM
Upcoming Important Dates! (exams, and more) Chad General Discussion 11 03-30-2008 04:36 PM
Important Dates Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 12-20-2007 12:54 AM
Important Dates Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 01-02-2007 04:00 PM

Important OSAP dates

Old 08-14-2009 at 08:52 PM   #16
HarjotS.

Liked: 0 Times

For my payment agreement I selected pay in full and that I am getting funding help from OSAP. Now its shows that I have to pay a reduced amount on Sept 1st. However, Osap money will be given out on a date later than sept 1st. Will that count as a late payment or is it ok since I told Mac OSAP is helping?
Old 08-14-2009 at 08:55 PM   #17
saukalra
Elite Member

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizliz View Post
by the way which building do we go to to pick it up? the website says somewhere and the email they sent me said somewhere else.

I also emailed the school about the sept. 10 thing and this was their reply:
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']You can pick up your loan before September 10th, 2009. That date means that the funds will not be released until then. You will know if your foundering certificate is ready for pick up 10 business days after when you see “issued” on your OSAP profile. [/font]
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'][/font]
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'][/font]
If you want to pick up your osap from August 26-31, then you have to pick it up from Convocation Hall (University Hall Building, room 213)
Starting September 1st, you pick up your osap from the Student centre (MUSC), room 314

Old 08-14-2009 at 08:57 PM   #18
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
by the way which building do we go to to pick it up? the website says somewhere and the email they sent me said somewhere else.
If you go and pick up your OSAP between August 26th and August 31st, you go to Convocation Hall (University Hall, room 213).

If you go and pick up your OSAP on September 1st or beyond, you go to
McMaster University Student Centre (MUSC), Room 314.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarjotS. View Post
For my payment agreement I selected pay in full and that I am getting funding help from OSAP. Now its shows that I have to pay a reduced amount on Sept 1st. However, Osap money will be given out on a date later than sept 1st. Will that count as a late payment or is it ok since I told Mac OSAP is helping?
You pay the reduce amount. The payment agreement is a contract that says that you will redirect your first OSAP pick-up toward McMaster.
Old 08-14-2009 at 08:57 PM   #19
Lizliz

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarjotS. View Post
I have been asking that question for two weeks now and noone gives me a straight answer!! I need to know.
Old 08-14-2009 at 08:58 PM   #20
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
I have been asking that question for two weeks now and noone gives me a straight answer!! I need to know.
You pay the reduce amount. The payment agreement is a contract that says that you will redirect your first OSAP pick-up toward McMaster.

I should also add: the amount you have to pay is reduced by 60% of your OSAP or in order words, it's reduced by your first OSAP pick-up.
Old 08-14-2009 at 08:59 PM   #21
Lizliz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
If you go and pick up your OSAP between August 26th and August 31st, you go to Convocation Hall (University Hall, room 213).

If you go and pick up your OSAP on September 1st or beyond, you go to McMaster University Student Centre (MUSC), Room 314.

wat do you mean we pay the reduce amount? srry, i'm so new to this and i dont understand anything about osap.
Old 08-14-2009 at 09:01 PM   #22
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
wat do you mean we pay the reduce amount? srry, i'm so new to this and i dont understand anything about osap.
If you select OSAP and a funding option, your tuition is reduced by 60% of your OSAP. You pay whatever your payment tells you to pay. When you go to pick up OSAP, it will be redirected toward McMaster.

Lizliz says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-14-2009 at 09:03 PM   #23
shay

Quote:
Originally Posted by saukalra View Post
As long as you applied to osap before July 15, you should be getting osap on time and it should also show on your PA. It does not really matter when you send in your supporting documents as long as they are sent 90 days before the end of your study period
ok but when i checked my status online this is what is said:
Current status - your application is currently on holld. You must provide supporting documentation. Check back in 2 or 3 weeks.
Old 08-14-2009 at 09:07 PM   #24
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by shay View Post
Current status - your application is currently on holld. You must provide supporting documentation. Check back in 2 or 3 weeks.
Not sure why they would put your application on hold. The deadline for supporting documentation is 90 days before the end of the school year.

In your payment agreement, is OSAP an estimate or issued?
Old 08-14-2009 at 09:09 PM   #25
kumara

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Yes that's what they say to me too, i'm so frustrated rite now sigh
Old 08-14-2009 at 09:10 PM   #26
Lizliz

ok here's another question. so i selected pay in full and after my first installment of osap is relased i will be able to pay of my whole year's tuition, so does that mean mcmaster will take all of that? and i won't get anything in my bank account till January?
Old 08-14-2009 at 09:10 PM   #27
saukalra
Elite Member

Quote:
Did you ever see any payment issued by osap on your online status? Its probably some other reason (not the fact that your supporting documents were late) due to which your payment is on hold. I remember my application was processed and my payment was issued before i submitted my supporting documents.
Or perhaps, was there anything else needed in your supporting documents besides the signature forms?
I would suggest you to call financial aid office to clear everything up.

Last edited by saukalra : 08-14-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old 08-14-2009 at 09:12 PM   #28
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
ok here's another question. so i selected pay in full and after my first installment of osap is relased i will be able to pay of my whole year's tuition, so does that mean mcmaster will take all of that? and i won't get anything in my bank account till January?
Your tuition is only reduced by 60% of your OSAP, which is the first OSAP pickup. In January, the 40% of OSAP you pick up will go into your bank (since you are paying in full).
Old 08-14-2009 at 09:12 PM   #29
shay

nope all i've got is an estimate.....is that really weird...should i phone in and ask them whats going on?
Old 08-14-2009 at 09:13 PM   #30
saukalra
Elite Member

Quote:
nope all i've got is an estimate.....is that really weird...should i phone in and ask them whats going on?
Yup I would recommend you to call the financial aid office