MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Important Dates Nino General Discussion 72 08-03-2009 11:13 PM
Important Dates and Deadlines lorend MacInsiders Announcements 7 07-22-2009 09:34 PM
Upcoming Important Dates! (exams, and more) Chad General Discussion 11 03-30-2008 04:36 PM
Important Dates Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 12-20-2007 12:54 AM
Important Dates Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 01-02-2007 04:00 PM

Important OSAP dates

Old 08-14-2009 at 09:14 PM   #31
Lizliz

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by shay View Post
nope all i've got is an estimate.....is that really weird...should i phone in and ask them whats going on?
yes i would suggest u do that. dont take any chances.

I've got to say this is the most stressed i've ever been. not looking forward to this year.
Old 08-14-2009 at 09:22 PM   #32
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizliz View Post
yes i would suggest u do that. dont take any chances.

I've got to say this is the most stressed i've ever been. not looking forward to this year.
I was like that last year too. Once first week of Sept rolls around everything settles down. Unless you in Engineering and most likely red suits will jump in on random classes screaming at the top of their lungs hahaha.
Old 08-14-2009 at 09:24 PM   #33
Lizliz

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
I was like that last year too. Once first week of Sept rolls around everything settles down. Unless you in Engineering and most likely red suits will jump in on random classes screaming at the top of their lungs hahaha.
WAT?? ?
Old 08-14-2009 at 10:18 PM   #34
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Okay so between McMaster and OSAP, they've been asking for all sorts of supporting documentation - all of which my mother and I have been sending since July, but they're not getting it until mid-August because of the ridiculous long processes in bureaucracies. Anyway, it's now... August 14th, and because the office was closed today, I couldn't drop off yet another letter they've asked for... so I have to wait until Monday, the 17th to drop it off.

OSAP is being released the 26th and my OSAP approval is MIA. Tuition is due September 1st. If McMaster knows that my OSAP is still being processed by then, will they let me like... go to classes? My mother's like freaking out, looking up last minute scholarships because she wants me to be able to go to class. It's just a clusterfu-- right now.

/endrant
Old 08-14-2009 at 10:45 PM   #35
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
Okay so between McMaster and OSAP, they've been asking for all sorts of supporting documentation - all of which my mother and I have been sending since July, but they're not getting it until mid-August because of the ridiculous long processes in bureaucracies. Anyway, it's now... August 14th, and because the office was closed today, I couldn't drop off yet another letter they've asked for... so I have to wait until Monday, the 17th to drop it off.

OSAP is being released the 26th and my OSAP approval is MIA. Tuition is due September 1st. If McMaster knows that my OSAP is still being processed by then, will they let me like... go to classes? My mother's like freaking out, looking up last minute scholarships because she wants me to be able to go to class. It's just a clusterfu-- right now.

/endrant
Yes, they will let you attend classes. You should try and pay the balance stated on your PA by september 1st. If you can't, you'll get charged a late fee and interest will accrue at the end of each month starting September 30th.

feonateresa says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-15-2009 at 08:59 AM   #36
m.tomkun

Liked: 0 Times

do we have to pick it up if we've used the osap money towards tuition on the payment agreement? or is it only for people that aren't using it towards their tuition? =s! i don't really understand what it is that we're supposed to pick up..
Old 08-15-2009 at 09:16 AM   #37
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.tomkun View Post
do we have to pick it up if we've used the osap money towards tuition on the payment agreement? or is it only for people that aren't using it towards their tuition? =s! i don't really understand what it is that we're supposed to pick up..
If you've applied for OSAP, you pick it up, regardless of what you're using it for.

Last year, I paid my tuition in full using OSAP, and I had money left over. However, even if I didn't have money left over, I would still have to go and 'pick it up', and sign a few forms to say hey, I applied for this, I am going to school (Confirmation of Enrolment), and all this other stuff.

This is why people who pay with OSAP don't have to pay out of their pockets on September 1st if they haven't picked it up yet, because McMaster is just waiting to for you to pick it up and confirm.
Old 08-17-2009 at 02:13 PM   #38
mcinside
Elite Member

Liked: 23 Times

Also, FYI we have to pick up our OSAP again in Jan. That's when the second 40% of our OSAP is relased.
I believe that if you don't pick up your OSAP in September (for whatever reason you don't need it) you can pick it up in Jan. Anyone want to confirm this?
Old 08-21-2009 at 09:47 AM   #39
kumara

Liked: 7 Times

My osap is also on hold and today i just checked my checklist and found out that they need me to send them the notice of assessment. If i sent it by tomorrow do you think it will get to hamilton before sept 1st? Also i'm so confused right now, since i prolly wont' get osap issue by sept 1st, i will have to pay with my parent's money rite? so then how can i get osap money?
Old 08-21-2009 at 11:58 AM   #40
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

I think you can use the cheque to pay your parents back. Can anyone confirm that though :S?
Old 08-21-2009 at 07:22 PM   #41
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
I think you can use the cheque to pay your parents back. Can anyone confirm that though :S?
The money gets wired to your bank account. So if you want the money to go into your parents bank account then you have to bring their banking information.

Can anyone confirm that you can actually do this? I mean, do they really care where the money goes as long as you pay it back after you graduate?
Old 08-21-2009 at 08:32 PM   #42
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

I've heard that as long as you're studying, and you really need the money to do so, they won't really check. Afterall, a lot of people have a ton of money left over, if they commute versus residence for example, and it's not like they check what you use it for or anything