Inglourious Basterds

Old 08-26-2009 at 03:30 PM   #61
Shmowen
Absent-Minded Professor

Liked: 141 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
You should finish it asap!
Agreed! EasternHeat, if you thought the first 1hr45mins was good, oh boy: wait until you see the last chapter!
Old 08-26-2009 at 03:36 PM   #62
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Liked: 60 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmowen View Post
Agreed! EasternHeat, if you thought the first 1hr45mins was good, oh boy: wait until you see the last chapter!
Haha I'm hyped...I told my friends about it, we might see it Friday or something and ill get to finish it (plus I heard its even better the second time around)

Old 08-27-2009 at 11:17 AM   #63
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

* WARNING: Spoilers may follow *

I just saw this movie yesterday; pretty awesome. I actually saw it at that small theatre near McMaster in Westdale, so it was on a tiny screen.

Anyway, I thought that guy that played Hans Landa did an amazing job. He was so evil and poetic at the same time. I lol'd pretty hard when he started speaking Italian (to anyone who hasn't seen it, you'll get what I mean when you do :p). I also liked how they portraid Goebbels; pretty funny.

I think the best part of the whole movie though is how it was advertised. The movie was advertised as a simple stupid shoot'em-up movie with no plot, but in reality it wasn't, and the movie that all the Nazis were watching within the movie was :p

* End of potential spoilers *

There is a lot of dialogue (more than there is shooting and fighting), so if you have a really short attention span, maybe go see Transformers again instead :p.

I'd give this movie a 9/10. I wouldn't compare it to District 9 as other people are doing; they are both very different.
Old 08-27-2009 at 11:28 AM   #64
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasternHeat View Post
...anyways Ya I watch *most* of Inglorious Basterds but had to leave after about an 1h 45min through the movie because my friend hated it so much they left and I didn't want to leave them alone...why did they hate it? Well lets just say its very disturbing for some people...gorey...
...I would considering getting a new friend if I were you. That's pretty lame .
Old 08-27-2009 at 12:51 PM   #65
zango
Elite Member

Liked: 86 Times

Yeah I saw District 9 the other day as well, you can't really compare the two movies, but I definitely recommend both, they're both amazing movies.
Old 08-27-2009 at 02:22 PM   #66
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zango View Post
Yeah I saw District 9 the other day as well, you can't really compare the two movies, but I definitely recommend both, they're both amazing movies.
Just like I've been saying lol.

Old 08-27-2009 at 02:22 PM   #67
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
...I would considering getting a new friend if I were you. That's pretty lame .
No no you're suppose to stick with good friends. Just don't take them to see a movie they didn't want to in the first place

Old 09-07-2009 at 05:39 PM   #68
O-Prime

Liked: 5 Times

I forced my friend to go with me. He was skeptical at first, because the premise of it seemed ridiculous to him, but he ended up liking it. How could he not though, it was definitely the best movie of the year. You really have to see the ending. The whole movie keeps building and building and ultimately gives an amazing ending.

On a side note, the guy that played Landa was extraordinary. Now, the only question is, is he gonna win Best Actor or Best Supporting Actor?
Old 09-09-2009 at 04:19 PM   #69
David John C

Liked: 0 Times

Good acting, Crappy movie
Old 09-12-2009 at 04:20 PM   #70
madBiologist

Liked: 12 Times

I just saw it yesterday, thought it was pretty good actually.
My boyfriend and I were necking during the part were Bear Jew beats the one Nazi's head in LOL.
Old 09-12-2009 at 04:32 PM   #71
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

Col. Landa is awesome, best character in the movie
Old 09-12-2009 at 04:52 PM   #72
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I thought this movie was terrible...like I'm being serious when I say it may be the worse I've ever seen (though I've never seen Snakes on a Plane xD) It can be summed up in one sentence:

17 year old kid: "Duuuude...wouldn 't it be like...awesome if THIS happened to Hitler?"
Old 09-12-2009 at 05:35 PM   #73
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
I thought this movie was terrible...like I'm being serious when I say it may be the worse I've ever seen (though I've never seen Snakes on a Plane xD) It can be summed up in one sentence:

17 year old kid: "Duuuude...wouldn 't it be like...awesome if THIS happened to Hitler?"
I wouldn't say so. If the movie had been entirely mindless shooting scenes and explosions (like the commercials falsely implied :p), I would be more inclined to agree with you. I thought it had quite an interesting story behind it, even though it's all just fantasy . It's intended to be ridiculous.
Old 09-12-2009 at 06:08 PM   #74
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

The story really could have been shrunk down to like 10 minutes. I mean, why do we need a 3 or 4 minute scene where all that happens is a woman applies lipstick (etc.) and puts a gun in her purse? Or a full quote unquote 'epic' first look at The Bear Jew that takes like a full minute just for him to walk out of a cave?

I mean, I'm not the kind of guy who needs the constant JPM to be entertained...I would've been happier seeing a so-called 'dull' movie about the holocaust (as the first scene made it seem)...but it really just felt like the movie had no substance. And so in defense of my remark above, it really does seem to me as though Tarentino conceived of one idea (in an attempt to avoid spoilers, I'll say "the Hitler thing"), and then sloppily slapped together a movie around it.

I was impressed by the fact that everyone spoke the various languages so vividly, and that probably took a lot of effort and prep time...but that doesn't really make a movie.

Last edited by Mowicz : 09-12-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-12-2009 at 06:46 PM   #75
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
I was impressed by the fact that everyone spoke the various languages so vividly, and that probably took a lot of effort and prep time...but that doesn't really make a movie.
Well, the guy that played Hans Landa really does speak German, English, Italian and French in real life :p.

Tarintino's movies aren't for everyone. If you really don't like kind of "suspenseful" and drawn out scenes, I can see how you wouldn't like this movie much.