MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Inquiry 1SC3 batman 1st Year Course Reviews 7 12-30-2011 02:12 PM
Inquiry 1SC3 on SOLAR rabblerabble First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 07-04-2009 10:59 PM
Inquiry 1SC3 on SOLAR? k2s8262 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 11-02-2008 02:27 PM
Inquiry 1SC3 C06 Sept 16th Class Wolf11 Academics 0 09-14-2008 02:48 PM
Inquiry 1SC3 nuttynatz Academics 5 06-26-2008 01:15 PM

Inquiry 1sc3?

Old 07-25-2007 at 12:22 PM   #16
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

well, it's an extra hour of class in term one. although it IS an hour less in term two. it depends on how you weighted your schedule...so that extra hour could really make a difference.
Old 08-03-2007 at 07:05 AM   #17
Amara

Liked: 0 Times

what about health studies..is that like in inquiry?
Old 08-03-2007 at 08:58 AM   #18
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

if i am not mistaken, health studies is a normal class, as according to the blurb in the course description, located here: http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...7/crs_1356.htm
Old 07-04-2008 at 05:13 PM   #19
rlevitin
MacInsiders Street Team

Liked: 24 Times

I personally found this course to be amazing. Easy 12.

The only problem with taking it is this:

There are 6 sections or so. Each section has a different professor. Each professor has a different field of research. As a result, because of the nature of this course (there is no preset curriculum), it is almost like a lottery.

My professor was Dr. Doug Boreham. First semester we grew sprouts and various seeds and did an experiment where he irradiated seeds with a specific type of radiation found in Space, and we observed the effects of that.

Second semester we had field trips to the coolest places around McMaster and Hamilton... We got tours of the Nuclear Reactor, Nuclear Medicine Department of McMaster's Hospital, Genetic Screening Department, the Tandem Accelerator, the Anatomy lab (checked out all sorts of cadavres) and Hamilton's Cancer Treatment center, looking at the various radiation treatments for cancer.

At the end of the year, we did a presentation in groups, based on the places we visited, and the mark was based almost entirely on participation in class.

This was definitely one of my favorite courses, and it helped me find the best program for me for level 2.

Highly Recommended.

(On the other hand, I heard some of the other Inquiry sections were not so fantastic, topics included Global Warming debates, etc... one of the sections apparently had weekly assignments)
Old 07-24-2008
j***l
This message has been removed by a moderator. .