MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Inquiry 1SC3 batman 1st Year Course Reviews 7 12-30-2011 02:12 PM
Inquiry 1SC3 on SOLAR rabblerabble First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 07-04-2009 10:59 PM
Inquiry 1SC3 C06 Sept 16th Class Wolf11 Academics 0 09-14-2008 02:48 PM
Inquiry 1sc3? mizz.s. Academics 18 07-04-2008 05:13 PM
Inquiry 1SC3 nuttynatz Academics 5 06-26-2008 01:15 PM

Inquiry 1SC3 on SOLAR?

Old 10-20-2008 at 03:22 AM   #1
k2s8262

Liked: 0 Times

Inquiry 1SC3 on SOLAR?
I heard that it's a bird course and tried to look for it at SOLAR
But, apparently I can't find where the heck it is lol
Why doesn't it appear on the course list on SOLAR? does this mean it's full?
Old 10-29-2008 at 12:08 PM   #2
Niana

Liked: 1 Time

It's possible that it doesn't appear on SOLAR anymore because it's a full year course... and so you can't register for it anymore, because we're more than halfway through the first term. I'm in it currently, and it's a pretty good class, though. If you're interested, you should look into taking it next year.

Hope this helps!
Old 10-29-2008 at 04:05 PM   #3
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

Actually, you can't take it next year, because it's only offered to people registered in Level I of any Science program.
Old 11-02-2008 at 12:36 PM   #4
Niana

Liked: 1 Time

The undergraduate calendar states that it's merely a prerequisite that you are in Level I of the relevant program(s) - that means that you can take the course anytime after that point, I believe...

http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /calen...8/crs_1471.htm
Old 11-02-2008 at 02:27 PM   #5
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

But if you look at some courses (particularly a few courses in the humanities or social sciences), the prerequisite is something like "level II or above".

e.g. Political Science 3LL3: "Registration in Level III or above"
Philosophy 2G03: "Registration in Level II or above"

So I'm pretty sure that implies that for Inquiry 1SC3, whose prerequisite is "Registration in any Level I in the Faculty of Science" is only for students in first year of a science program, and not "Level I or above". In any case, isn't everyone level I or above anyway (unless they are not registered as a student at the university)?

That seems to go in hand with the humanities's version of the same inquiry course, Inquiry 1HU3, whose prerequisite is "Registration in Humanities I or Music I", and also with the social science version, Inquiry 1SS3.