MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Converting PDF to OneNote AnnaWM General Discussion 14 06-22-2011 03:20 PM
gmail inserting letter a with a line above it in sent mail Starry Computers & Tech 1 09-06-2010 10:35 AM
The King of e-Notetaking: OneNote J-Met Technology 25 09-20-2008 02:01 PM

inserting as printout into onenote

Old 09-12-2011 at 09:39 PM   #1
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

inserting as printout into onenote
hey so i know that you can insert a file as a printout onto onenote so that it appears on onenote and you can write on it.... the thing is that option isnt available on my one note...why is this?.... if i go to in to insert tab, there is an option for insert file as print out but i cant click it. also apparently if you drag the file onto the onenote it will give u 3 options one of them being the insert as print out but i dont get that option only the other 2... does anyone know why this is

also does anyone know how i can put that file onto my onenote so i can work on it

thanks a bunch
~C
Old 09-12-2011 at 09:43 PM   #2
sf

Liked: 36 Times

The way I do it is by changing the print option when I got to print the file. Instead of selecting the printer, there is an option to send it to onenote. You can then select what notebook in onenote you want it to be transferred to.
Old 09-12-2011 at 09:45 PM   #3
Chevalier
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephfraser View Post
The way I do it is by changing the print option when I got to print the file. Instead of selecting the printer, there is an option to send it to onenote. You can then select what notebook in onenote you want it to be transferred to.
i also know of that method but the thing is that i am running office 07 on a 64 bit as such that option is unavailable to my, i would have to change my settings to 32 bit in order for me to do that,which is wayyy to much of a hassle for a non techy like me (btw i did not get what i just said there, my little brother and my friend had to explain this to me)

thanks for the suggestion though
Old 09-13-2011 at 07:58 AM   #4
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
i also know of that method but the thing is that i am running office 07 on a 64 bit as such that option is unavailable to my, i would have to change my settings to 32 bit in order for me to do that,which is wayyy to much of a hassle for a non techy like me (btw i did not get what i just said there, my little brother and my friend had to explain this to me)

thanks for the suggestion though
Not sure if Microsoft fixed this old problem, but 64-bit versions of the software doesn't have the Send to OneNote option that is functional. I solved this by using a third party method.

It's: http://xps2onenote.codeplex. com/
This one is neat because it offers slightly more options but in the end it will do what you need it to do.
Old 09-13-2011 at 08:17 AM   #5
Chevalier
Elite Member

^^^ hmm allright ill try that, btw could u tell me whats the big diff b.w 64 and 32 bit and why itll work on one but not the other?

... aso the only probalem with that thing is that it puts the slides sideways, any way i can fix this?

Last edited by Chevalier : 09-13-2011 at 08:23 AM.