MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Not using all 60% of OSAP to pay for first installment 145nnn Financial Aid 7 08-29-2010 09:31 PM
Installment Payment Ruggedman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 07-02-2009 04:24 PM
Installment Payment Omar.S First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-28-2008 05:52 PM
payment agreement - installment plan ashleeeyyy Academics 4 08-18-2008 10:33 AM
Installment Plan details anyone? ali11 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 24 08-11-2008 07:43 PM

Installment plan

Old 08-18-2008 at 08:35 AM   #16
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno V View Post
How in the hell are you getting 12000 from OSAP!?

Some people do get that much from OSAP. Usually they are students from low income families so they are fully funded under the government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggedman View Post
Ok thanks!!, im looking for that article right now.

As for the second part of my question, im still thinking of changing my PA to Payment in Full, even though im getting $2000 from OSAP.

I dont want intrest accumulating is why i want to do this, however what happens to my OSAP, it comes out September 4th i believe but the payment is due Sept 1?

Does the Osap that is to be released just go my bank account since iv already payed my tuition and whatnot?

How exactly would this work and is it wise to do so?
If you/ your parents or guardians have the money to pay off your tuition fees without the OSAP then yes you can do the payment in full and avoid any interest.

If you were to do that, you would need to have the cheque/Money order/online banking done before Sept 1st (that means if you're sending cheque or money order it has to be in the hands of the university by Sept 1st so send it earlier and post date it).

When you collect your OSAP it will go right to your bank account if you've already paid off your student fees.

Last edited by kokosas : 08-18-2008 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-18-2008 at 08:44 AM   #17
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

I forgot to press the button to show the newer posts and answered a question from an older one... Boy, I'm not a morning person today Lol
Old 08-18-2008 at 08:48 AM   #18
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Don't worry, I do it allll the time, and I'm the freaking editor so you'd think I'd know by now. At least I have the ability to delete my own posts so I don't look like a big tool

Old 08-18-2008 at 01:51 PM   #19
Ruggedman

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokosas View Post
If you/ your parents or guardians have the money to pay off your tuition fees without the OSAP then yes you can do the payment in full and avoid any interest.

If you were to do that, you would need to have the cheque/Money order/online banking done before Sept 1st (that means if you're sending cheque or money order it has to be in the hands of the university by Sept 1st so send it earlier and post date it).

When you collect your OSAP it will go right to your bank account if you've already paid off your student fees.
Ok, so what your saying is if i do payment in full right now and pay my entire balance now (before Sept 1), the OSAP will appear in my dads bank account on Sept 4th and Jan 1st, is this correct?
Old 08-18-2008 at 01:54 PM   #20
Ruggedman

I remember talking to student accounts and they said something about "paying the difference out of your own pocket", but they never said i would still recieve my OSAP.
Old 08-18-2008 at 03:59 PM   #21
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

As long as you go to collect your OSAP you will still get it. It will not appear in your bank account on Sept 4th, thats when you have to go 'negotiate your loans' by signing all the forms. It takes about one business week to proccess the loan and THEN it will show up in the bank account.

Old 08-18-2008 at 04:06 PM   #22
Ruggedman

oh ok makes sense.

So basically my dad will be paying the OSAP before it comes out, and OSAP will just pay us back whenever it comes out correct?
Old 08-18-2008 at 04:51 PM   #23
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Your dad isn't paying OSAP, your dad is paying MCMASTER. You are entitled to 2 grand from OSAP (which you will have to pay back after you finish school) which will go to your dad IF HE PAYS OFF ALL YOUR FEES ON SEPT 1ST.

Old 08-18-2008 at 11:37 PM   #24
Ruggedman

LOL! sorry for the confusion, i did mean McMaster.

Thanks for all your help once again, it looks like im just going to do payment in full and just let my dad recieve the OSAP is his account once everything is paid for.

F*** intrest rates!