MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Inter-residence council?? Joyceyblank First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 07-10-2011 09:28 PM
Residence-Wide Formal 2009 ~*Sara*~ MacInsiders Announcements 49 11-08-2009 10:01 AM

Inter-residence Council: Res-wide Formal

Residence-Wide Formal 2011

Need a real break from studying and midterms? Want a chance to get dressed up and enjoy a stress-free evening with all your new and old friends?

Then come to the biggest event of the year, the Residence-Wide Formal! This event that happens every year is brought to you by the IRC (Inter-Residence Council). This is your chance to have fun, dinner, dance, and mingle with other students in McMaster's twelve residences but friends living off-campus or those who go to different schools are welcome as well!. So come join us for an evening of unforgettable memories.

What: Midnight Masquerade (theme)
Who: Students in all residences are welcome, as well as guests from Mac or other schools.
Where: Carmen's Banquet Hall
When: Thursday, October 27th, 2011
Why: Because this is going to be THE event everyone will be talking about for months!

The ticket price covers the cost of transportation to and from the banquet hall, dinner and an amazing DJ! Tickets are only $30 for all. Want to bring a significant other or your best friend from off-campus/another university? You can definitely do that! Tickets for guests will also be $30.

Tickets are on sale from your IRC representatives for your residence so check your facebook groups! Tickets are selling out fast, so be sure to get yours as soon as possible!

So kick on your dancing shoes and get ready for the best formal...ever!

For more information, be sure to ask your IRC Reps or check out the Facebook event.
bvNxP.jpg

_N/A_ says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Published by

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 10-13-2011 at 05:01 PM   #2
_N/A_

Liked: 11 Times
Definitely one of my favourite memories from first year. It's like prom, with a 3-course meal, dancing, and even a free limo ride there for 42 lucky people (busing is provided for the rest). Except it's cheaper, most likely bigger (it's had upwards of 1000 people in the past, which is way bigger than my prom), and you get to go with your McMaster friends (and your highschool friends if they feel like visiting)!

Carmen's is also a really nice banquet hall, and the DJ this year is supposed to be spectacular. Plus, a Phantom of the Opera Masquerade theme is just awesome. You even get a mask at the event.

I'm excited. Can't wait to see you all there.

Thanks for posting this Sara!

=)

DMe3, ~*Sara*~ like this.

Old 10-14-2011 at 01:58 AM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times
I totally agree with Nicole! It was a ton of fun in first-year! It was really good to basically have prom all over again but with all the new friends that I made at Mac and a lot more people! So it really felt like a formal banquet instead of just a dinner & dance or semi-formal event.

I highly recommend it!

Old 10-14-2011 at 07:06 AM   #4
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times
It sounds compelling O_O

Old 10-14-2011 at 07:19 PM   #5
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

It's more than awesome. .

Old 10-20-2011 at 07:47 AM   #6
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Tickets will be sold until Monday October 24th!

Old 10-24-2011 at 12:13 AM   #7
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Tomorrow (Monday) is the last day to get tickets! So contact your reps asap! A list of all the reps and room numbers has been posted on the event page so be sure to check that out!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search