MacInsiders Logo
Old 10-04-2011 at 06:57 PM   #16
zango
Elite Member

Liked: 86 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
fail on apples part.

Fans water a bigger screen... didn't happen.
Fans want flash... never will happen.
iPhone 5... didn't' happen.

Its a good phone... but the SGSII is still kicks ass. Even the Google Nexus S which was released last year is still a top contender.

This is a ploy just to milk its fans of money. Who ever buys this phone thinking its all that... is a complete idoit. Stick with iPhone 4 or some android phone or BB. iPhone 4s is stupid so save your money.
Don't buy the new iPhone because its "stupid", but buy a blackberry, because RIM is doing real well.
Old 10-04-2011 at 07:04 PM   #17
Commie8507
King of Microwaves

Liked: 200 Times

Apple is not Rim, Apple is the innovator and RIM is the follower. When Apple had released the 3G/3GS it had no real competitor. IOS was developed where as Android was in its infancy. This isn't the case anymore. The iPhone 4S was a terrible idea and I hope they realize this soon and introduce a new device.
Old 10-04-2011 at 07:07 PM   #18
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Fans water a bigger screen... didn't happen.
Fans want flash... never will happen.
iPhone 5... didn't' happen.
I really don't think any iPhone user would care about flash...
Old 10-04-2011 at 07:14 PM   #19
Andrew A
Elite Member

Liked: 80 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
I really don't think any iPhone user would care about flash...
Why would that be?
Old 10-04-2011 at 07:23 PM   #20
zango
Elite Member

Liked: 86 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew A View Post
Why would that be?
Why do you need flash on your phone? HTML5 works perfectly fine for viewing videos and enhanced content online.

All the phones that do run flash, do not run it very well, heck, even modern computer cpus tend to heat up quickly see heavy usage when playing flash content, in addition to it hogging ram.
Old 10-04-2011 at 07:34 PM   #21
Andrew A
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zango View Post
Why do you need flash on your phone? HTML5 works perfectly fine for viewing videos and enhanced content online.

All the phones that do run flash, do not run it very well, heck, even modern computer cpus tend to heat up quickly see heavy usage when playing flash content, in addition to it hogging ram.
I'm not asking about Flash vs HTML5 or whether or not Flash has a place in mobile devices or even in general, I just want to know how Tailsnake figures that iPhone users in specific don't want Flash.

Allan likes this.
Old 10-04-2011 at 07:38 PM   #22
Allan
Elite Member

Liked: 115 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commie8507 View Post
Apple is not Rim, Apple is the innovator and RIM is the follower. When Apple had released the 3G/3GS it had no real competitor. IOS was developed where as Android was in its infancy. This isn't the case anymore. The iPhone 4S was a terrible idea and I hope they realize this soon and introduce a new device.
Apple is no longer the innovator. They are now officially playing catch up.
Now I see why Steve Jobs quit.
Old 10-04-2011 at 07:40 PM   #23
Andrew A
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan View Post
... Cancer?

/12char
Old 10-04-2011 at 07:43 PM   #24
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

hahaha I loled so hard when they announced this
google nexus prime should be beast (hopefully)

Afzal, alex751, JonSnow like this.
Old 10-04-2011 at 07:44 PM   #25
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Lolz. Sucks for apple fanboys.

Nexus Prime and Ice Cream Sandwich will kick ass

Afzal, alex751, mohammyt like this.
Old 10-04-2011 at 07:44 PM   #26
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew A View Post
I'm not asking about Flash vs HTML5 or whether or not Flash has a place in mobile devices or even in general, I just want to know how Tailsnake figures that iPhone users in specific don't want Flash.
Zango's reason is exactly why I said that. I had an iPhone for 2 and a half years and the only time I ever ran into a problem via not having flash was over a year ago when I tried to access a restaurant website with a flash interface (It was later updated to HTML). As an iPhone user, you'll almost never notice the lack of flash, and the flash performance on mobiles is currently bad enough that even the few current use cases aren't great.
Old 10-04-2011 at 07:46 PM   #27
Andrew A
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
Zango's reason is exactly why I said that. I had an iPhone for 2 and a half years and the only time I ever ran into a problem via not having flash was over a year ago when I tried to access a restaurant website with a flash interface (It was later updated to HTML). As an iPhone user, you'll almost never notice the lack of flash, and the flash performance on mobiles is currently bad enough that even the few current use cases aren't great.
I've had my iPhone 4 for about 14 months now and have never really found the lack of Flash to present any sort of problem, but I just found it odd that you claimed that most iPhone users wouldn't care about it anyway. I was just wondering what the basis for that was, considering that most people I know who own iPhones don't even know what Flash is and why you would or wouldn't want it lol. Saying they "wouldn't care" made it sound to me like there was some idea like "iPhone users know better" behind it.

Last edited by Andrew A : 10-04-2011 at 07:49 PM.

DMe3 likes this.
Old 10-04-2011 at 07:50 PM   #28
Commie8507
King of Microwaves

Liked: 200 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan View Post
What are you talking about. Playing catch up in one product does not mean Apple is no longer the innovator. They continue to offer the most innovative designs in their notebooks/desktops and we have seen a consistent drop in the Apple tax. Also PC manufactures who intend on offering a product similar in design are struggling to match their prices(ie Ultrabooks). The tablet market is the iPad, their exists no competitor to the product. Also Steve Jobs has not left the building, he still overlooks the creative.
Old 10-04-2011 at 09:16 PM   #29
JonSnow

Liked: 13 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by zango View Post
Don't buy the new iPhone because its "stupid", but buy a blackberry, because RIM is doing real well.
RIM has some excellent products in the market, sure they might be lacking in APPs which is everyones main excuse not to get one but they have what you need, the essentials. Apple may have millions of apps but the majority and I mean like 85% are complete garbage they aren't even useful. They aren't doing well because RIM doesn't have there sh*t together. RIM is a company that made it big way too fast. Its unorganized and they lack the infrastructure to keep with the growth and its caught up to them and they have fell behind. Apple's been here a long time, they have had there embarrassing moments but have grown into a giant, its obvious that this new iPhone release has been extremely overhyped, innovation can only go so far in certain amount of time. Guess we'll have to wait one more year to see if the R&D team can bring something new to the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commie8507 View Post
Apple is the innovator? Are you kidding me? That is complete bull. First it was RIM that essentially brought us Smart Phones. Second your Apple innovators are doing an excellent job of copying what RIM & Android have already done ages ago (eg. RIM's BBM vs Apples iChat and Androids Google Talk vs Siri). I agree with your second statement though iPhone 4S is just pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon View Post
Lolz. Sucks for apple fanboys.

Nexus Prime and Ice Cream Sandwich will kick ass
THIS x2. Early rumours about the specs of Nexus Prime are epic. It'll be what Nexus One was all those years ago.

Afzal, syan9184 like this.
Old 10-04-2011
JonSnow
This message has been removed by a moderator. .