MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First year business student :D Salik Introduce Yourself 14 08-05-2011 08:36 PM
Easy, Average or Hard Timetable? for Business 1 Student keiser=) First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-01-2011 09:18 PM
Business I Student Needs Stats Course!!! kyle1021 Academics 0 06-30-2011 12:11 AM
Prospective Business Student With Some Questions T-Core First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 05-08-2010 03:19 PM
2nd year Business Student looking to do a Double Major in Math & Stats lawleypop Academics 13 08-02-2009 04:02 AM

Jasmine Lam - First Year Business Student

Old 08-03-2011 at 06:40 AM   #1
skyxexpo

Liked: 0 Times

Jasmine Lam - First Year Business Student
Hi, my name is Jasmine Lam. Im 17 years old from Hong Kong. I will be a first year commerce student this fall! To be honest I am quite nervous about coming to Mac because I don't know anyone going there and always worried about if i'll fit in and stuff especially since Im not living in res. I am not quite sure what my plan is after university, probably something to do HRM or Marketing. I really enjoy meeting new people though at the same time I can be quite quiet and shy but if you get to know me I am very outgoing! Outside of school I love to play sports, especially team sports (Basketball being one of my favourite!) I also love to watch movies and just hang out and chat with friends. I love being around people as much as possible. I joined Macinsiders because it seems like a great resource to students especially first year students throughout the school year and hope to meet some nice people before school starts

Courses Im taking:

Term 1:
Commerce 1PA0
Comp Sci 1BA3
Econ 1BB3
Health Age 1BB3
Math 1F03
Stats 1L03

Term 2:
Anthro 1Z03 (evening)
Chem 1R03 (evening)
Commerce 1E03
Econ 1B03
Math 1M03

Old 08-03-2011 at 04:53 PM   #2
kirsten..!

Liked: 26 Times

hey jasmine ! congrats on getting into mcmaster, you're going to love it don't be nervous about meeting new people, there are going to be so many people in the same position as you ! Are you going to welcome week ? I strongly suggest you do, you can buy a macpass which allows you to get into all the events - http://studentsuccess.mcmast er.ca/...ation-kit.html -during welcome week youll meet a ton of new people, possibly future best friends!, and even though your not in res you can still enjoy all the events and meet new people - just be open to meeting anyone and everyone (during welcome week it seems like youll meet a million people) and youll be set !
im not in the commerce program, but i can say that health age 1bb3 was an interesting class
good luck with everything and dont hesitate to post more if you have questions

skyxexpo says thanks to kirsten..! for this post.

skyxexpo likes this.
Old 08-03-2011 at 05:08 PM   #3
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Welcome to the MI community and McMaster University Jasmine !

skyxexpo likes this.
Old 08-03-2011 at 05:18 PM   #4
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Welcome to MI and Mac Jasmine! And don't worry about making new friends or meeting new people. Just take a risk and join a club, talk to people beside you in class, and you'll make friends in no time! Also, I've taken Hth Age 1BB3 and I loved the course. Check out my course review here: http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...tr=H&t=37 027 and feel free to ask any questions about the course!

skyxexpo says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.

skyxexpo likes this.
Old 08-04-2011 at 01:12 AM   #5
skyxexpo

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirs View Post
hey jasmine ! congrats on getting into mcmaster, you're going to love it don't be nervous about meeting new people, there are going to be so many people in the same position as you ! Are you going to welcome week ? I strongly suggest you do, you can buy a macpass which allows you to get into all the events - http://studentsuccess.mcmast er.ca/...ation-kit.html -during welcome week youll meet a ton of new people, possibly future best friends!, and even though your not in res you can still enjoy all the events and meet new people - just be open to meeting anyone and everyone (during welcome week it seems like youll meet a million people) and youll be set !
im not in the commerce program, but i can say that health age 1bb3 was an interesting class
good luck with everything and dont hesitate to post more if you have questions
Thank you so much! I just bought my MacPass and look forward to meeting everyone. I will def be open in meeting people
Old 08-05-2011 at 06:37 AM   #6
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Welcome to Mac!