MacInsiders Logo

This just in:

Old 12-11-2010 at 10:30 AM   #46
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikantsepll View Post
Sounds like you haven't read the rest of the thread, we're all just ranting before the exam
_____________________ _____________________ _____________________ ______________

Back to topic: Do you guys think she will test us on details like this one:

Sequence = RxxLxxxxN/Q (x = any amino acid, R = arginine, L = leucine, N/Q is Asparagine or Glutamine)

It was mentioned on slide 43 of week 10 regarding APC/C-chd1 targeting cyclin B's D-box...think we need to memorize that sequence?
I really don't think so, but you never know with 55 MCQ and short answers too. Maybe know the RxxLxxxxN/Q sequence? Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I crashed :(
Old 12-11-2010 at 12:53 PM   #47
sgarnett19

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Add Bio 2A03 to that list too. Apparently there's 3 formal lab reports + 1 bad prof teaching it alongside McLelland, and details, etc. BUT at least it's physiology. I've had enough of cells! Although, I have a feeling cells might still be involved next term :(
Physiology is not anatomy, it is almost completely about cells... RBCs, epithelial transport, ion channels, homeostasis etc. Biology might not be an appropriate major for someone who is tiring of cells after 2B03, which is not even that much material.

~*Sara*~ says thanks to sgarnett19 for this post.
Old 12-11-2010 at 01:10 PM   #48
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgarnett19 View Post
Physiology is not anatomy, it is almost completely about cells... RBCs, epithelial transport, ion channels, homeostasis etc. Biology might not be an appropriate major for someone who is tiring of cells after 2B03, which is not even that much material.
Haha. I think my knowledge of anatomy was limited to Kin last year. But yeah, I know. I was just venting. Don't get me wrong, I love this stuff, it's just the exam schedule :/. It actually is a lot of material, or maybe it's the prof, since it's her first time teaching it. Or it might be the way we're being tested
Old 12-11-2010 at 01:16 PM   #49
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Quote:
I really don't think so, but you never know with 55 MCQ and short answers too. Maybe know the RxxLxxxxN/Q sequence? Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I crashed :(
In the hours that have passed, priorities have shifted from memorizing details to getting a general idea of everything so all questions can be attempted

Because let's face it, I'm not gonna be able to remember what the difference between cdc13 and cdc14 is...seriously, biologists aren't really clever if they have such an ambiguous naming system. And now that the harm is done, these names are never changin!
Old 12-11-2010 at 01:29 PM   #50
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
In the hours that have passed, priorities have shifted from memorizing details to getting a general idea of everything so all questions can be attempted

Because let's face it, I'm not gonna be able to remember what the difference between cdc13 and cdc14 is...seriously, biologists aren't really clever if they have such an ambiguous naming system. And now that the harm is done, these names are never changin!
I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOO gonna fail

Not only that but I went to bed at 3AM and fell asleep at 7AM then woke up at 2PM

MY LIFE UP UNTIL THIS POINT

HAS BEEN A HUGE SUCCESS

ID LIKE TO THANK GOD, MY MOM, THE ACADEMY, HUGH JACKMAN, MY MOM

Old 12-11-2010 at 01:32 PM   #51
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOO gonna fail

Not only that but I went to bed at 3AM and fell asleep at 7AM then woke up at 2PM

MY LIFE UP UNTIL THIS POINT

HAS BEEN A HUGE SUCCESS

ID LIKE TO THANK GOD, MY MOM, THE ACADEMY, HUGH JACKMAN, MY MOM
Trying to tell us something here
Old 12-11-2010 at 01:43 PM   #52
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote:
Trying to tell us something here
qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq qqqqqqqqqqqqq

I don't really have cognitive function at the moment

I've been knocked down to the simplest of movements/word choice

Old 12-11-2010 at 01:44 PM   #53
mcmasterrrrr

Liked: 24 Times

Not only is this exam going to destroy me, but i havent even looked at anything for plant biology.
Old 12-11-2010 at 01:46 PM   #54
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmasterrrrr View Post
Not only is this exam going to destroy me, but i havent even looked at anything for plant biology.
plants lol

LOLOLOLOLOL

someone help me...

Old 12-11-2010 at 01:48 PM   #55
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmasterrrrr View Post
That's gonna be a struggle to go through the entire course overnight...I wish I had done it earlier, but can't start looking at plant until ORGO CHEM is finished Monday! Okie back to studying....
Old 12-11-2010 at 01:55 PM   #56
Buszaj

Liked: 125 Times

I'm about half way through the cancer module, it is by far the worst one. I just can't put together what the random facts mean. I don't get wtf is happening. Why oh why did I take this course?

mcmasterrrrr likes this.
Old 12-11-2010 at 02:25 PM   #57
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buszaj View Post
I'm about half way through the cancer module, it is by far the worst one. I just can't put together what the random facts mean. I don't get wtf is happening. Why oh why did I take this course?
OH MAN

last night when i was going through the cancer lecture

Half way (literally at like slide 33) i was like **** THIS! and took out my DS and started playing pokemon

...until 7AM

Old 12-11-2010 at 02:30 PM   #58
Buszaj

Liked: 125 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
OH MAN

last night when i was going through the cancer lecture

Half way (literally at like slide 33) i was like **** THIS! and took out my DS and started playing pokemon

...until 7AM
Lmao, win. I was planning on getting all my notes done yesterday, but come 2am my head started getting sick from staring at a computer screen all day, so I just went to sleep. Notes are finally done now, time to attempt to understand them and eat food.......and pray
Old 12-11-2010 at 02:35 PM   #59
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

My brain is fried at this point. I just want to get this over with :@
Old 12-11-2010 at 02:36 PM   #60
pavlov

Liked: 72 Times

Kendoon, thanks for this thread. Makes me rethink my choice for second year stream, as after taking 1A03 and finishing up 1M03 I am sick of memorization; like where is the aspect of thinking critically and evaluate things? Rather they have us stuff as much information into your head 48hours prior and forget it all 48hrs after.

Anyone take 2A03 in the past or taking next term?

Quote:
Add Bio 2A03 to that list too. Apparently there's 3 formal lab reports + 1 bad prof teaching it alongside McLelland, and details, etc. BUT at least it's physiology. I've had enough of cells! Although, I have a feeling cells might still be involved next term :(
I am actually taking this course next term. I was under the impression that McLelland was the sole lecturer, and was happy since I hear he is good. Do you know who else is teaching the course?

Last edited by pavlov : 12-11-2010 at 02:40 PM.