MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Buy/Sell Textbooks Forum Chad MacInsiders Announcements 5 09-14-2010 03:00 PM
Best way to sell Textbooks?!?! lux Academics 10 05-09-2010 04:31 AM
Buy and Sell Your Textbooks with MSU Undercovers! nogood205 MacInsiders Announcements 2 01-05-2010 11:04 PM
Buy & Sell Textbooks on MI Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-04-2010 01:15 PM

Keep or Sell Textbooks?

Old 10-15-2011 at 04:08 PM   #1
kanvi_v30

Liked: 7 Times

Keep or Sell Textbooks?
I'm wondering if it's wise to keep my textbooks or sell them at the end of the year. I'm studing for the bio midterm and I think it would be much faster and easier if I highlighted notes straight from the textbook instead of writing them out separately. If I do decide to highlight then I don't think I can sell the textbook.
Old 10-15-2011 at 04:11 PM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanvi_v30 View Post
I'm wondering if it's wise to keep my textbooks or sell them at the end of the year. I'm studing for the bio midterm and I think it would be much faster and easier if I highlighted notes straight from the textbook instead of writing them out separately. If I do decide to highlight then I don't think I can sell the textbook.
You can still sell them if you hilight stuff...

Keeping them is on a book by book basis... some are crap, some are good for upper years
Old 10-15-2011 at 04:46 PM   #3
P.Avci

Liked: 2 Times

I went into Biochem after Life Sciences in first year and I kept my bio and chemistry textbooks and sold everything else. I've found them helpful to refer back to but I'm sure I could have found all the information I needed on the internet, so it might make more sense to sell them all.
Old 10-15-2011 at 06:49 PM   #4
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

I sold all mine and so far haven't needed them at all. If you really need to know something for a course later on, it'll probably be in your notes and will definitely be on the internet somewhere.

eccentrikkk likes this.
Old 10-15-2011 at 09:03 PM   #5
RobbyJ

Liked: 13 Times

I haven't sold mine....too lazy
some still have the plastic still on them.
Old 10-15-2011 at 09:31 PM   #6
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

I'm keeping all my math textbooks, other ones I don't care as much.
Old 10-15-2011 at 10:19 PM   #7
g.o.p.a.l
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

When I had to make that decision what I did was I had a look at my upcoming courses from next 3 years and saw whether the crap in my book was useful for those years. I figured no since that stuff was available only especially math (PatrickJMT ftw) so I sold all of them. IMO do this and you will see how much u need and how much u dont.
Old 10-16-2011 at 08:06 AM   #8
inthemaking

Liked: 26 Times

Depends on what courses you'll be taking in the future. I kept my anat&phys textbook after 2nd year because I knew I would be taking more anat&phys courses in upper years but I sold everything else. And then at the end of 3rd year I sold all my textbooks since I was graduating.