MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Guy Friends/Girl Friends lizziepizzie Dating & Relationships 101 10-18-2010 09:01 PM
Relationships in a University AdelaisAer Dating & Relationships 155 10-02-2010 11:04 PM
You Have 0 Friends syan9184 Movies & Television 18 04-17-2010 08:51 PM
Relationships: Pro/Cons tungo89 Dating & Relationships 13 10-16-2009 11:01 PM
Sad Truth About Relationships marauderlove General Discussion 2 03-24-2008 10:51 AM

kf,x

Old 10-10-2010 at 09:27 PM   #1
funloving

Liked: 0 Times

kf,x
iwnfpvdf

Last edited by funloving : 10-10-2010 at 11:52 PM.
Old 10-10-2010 at 09:37 PM   #2
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

This could make for a very good teenage disney movie.

Cliu91 likes this.
Old 10-10-2010 at 09:45 PM   #3
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Wow, you're really in a difficult situation! I'm kind of in the reverse situation. But I do know what you feel like.

This is what I think: The guy that has liked you for over three years needs to respect your decision. Of course it's going to be really hard for him, like REALLY HARD FOR HIM, because he's losing his best friend and the girl he loves in one fell swoop. Or he THINKS he's losing you (the both of you). But really, he just needs to be cool about this. But that's likely not going to happen. Put yourself in his shoes; how would you feel if the guy you've had a thing for for three years suddenly hooked up with your best friend? You can't change the feelings you have for the other guy, and neither can he. That's set. But you also have to think: is it really worth it? Is this thing with this guy really going to last? Can you see being in a serious relationship with him, and can he see that, too? Your friend has made it clear that it's either him or the guy you like. It seems like you're going to have to choose, becasue even if you decided NOT to date this one guy, it's still going to change your relationship with your friend, becasue he's going to know that you still like his best friend and his best friend likes you. So it's going to alter his relationship with both you AND his bff. But you said he already knows, so his relationships with you two has LREADY altered. Really no one can make this decision but you. You have to go with your heart on this matter.

I'll tell you this though: I was really clouse friends with this guy from the time I was 5, so a really long time. We've always been close and over the past year we've gotten even closer. By the way he acted around me I was pretty sure he liked me. My other friends saw this, too. Actually they were the ones that first brought it to my attention, and then I started to notice it too. So gradually I started to like him as more than a friend. I finally got the courage up and asked him out this summer in July. He was totally embarrassed and said no. It was super akward, I cried for three days and we barely talk now (we used to talk often) and we used to go out 1-2 times a week in the summer (dinner, usually). I really wish I hade never asked him. Now that's a COMPLETELY different situation from yours, but it's still something to think about. Is it worth losing the first guys friendship? Good luck with this!

funloving says thanks to lizziepizzie for this post.
Old 10-10-2010 at 09:48 PM   #4
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

So you're going to live in misery because you don't want to hurt somebody you're not in love with?

Yea, no. Definitely go with the person you like... if other dude can't understand that there's more fish in the sea, that's his problem.

Orrrr you're just an ******* for breaking up 2 best friends.

Either or.

Dude that's in love with you is just being selfish. What does you breaking up with his friend accomplish? He's still in love with you and you still don't like him back. It just makes him feel better pretending that he might have some sort of shot with you because now you're single (as if being in a relationship with his friend is the only reason you're not dating him).

He's being selfish... time for you to play the same game.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Last edited by lawleypop : 10-10-2010 at 09:56 PM.

funloving says thanks to lawleypop for this post.
Old 10-10-2010
funloving
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 10-10-2010 at 10:05 PM   #5
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

You always want what you can't have.
Trust me.

Do you and don't worry about anything else.

Maybe bro should be pissed at his best friend for going after the girl he knows he's in love with. It's always the girl's fault.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-10-2010 at 10:32 PM   #6
manap3000
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by funloving View Post
they are fine with being friends with each other, its just that the one guy doesnt want to hang out with us together anymore at all unless we end it. and he doesnt want to be my friend anymore i guess. I dont want to **** all this up but it seems like i already have, and im wondering that when this thing ends with the other guy, wont they both start to hate me? I'm really worried thats what its going to come to, or should i just do wat i want and expect this guy to get over me? and its weird too because he says he doesnt care about me being with other guys, just not his best friend, but i dont think thats fair at all.
honestly i hope ur not trollin, there isn't enough room for the both of us here But seriously, i gotta agree with lawley on this one, dude's being verry selfish, unless you and ur other friend over there have been acting all lovey-dovey and sticking ur tongues down each others throat in front of him the fact that he wants to break the friendship off means he never though of you as anything more than a piece of meat, who isn't available any more
Old 10-10-2010 at 10:40 PM   #7
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

If he only tells you that he likes you now, then its his silly fault.

Hes demanding you end your relationship with the other guy? Thats grounds for insta-defriending, in my book.. even if things don't work out with dude 2, thats unnecessarily jealous.

Then again, you're bringing your problem to Macinsiders; you should be talking to people who know your situation more and know these two guys personally.
Old 10-10-2010
funloving
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 10-10-2010 at 11:03 PM   #8
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

It's true... We're ridiculous. But girls are more so I thought this drama ended when I graduated high school? I just ... There's enough people in the school that you can leave them both alone for a week or two, hang with otherrs, completely ignore them, and they'll realize the whole thing is stupid in the end anyways... One or the other will at the very least, and that's how you'll win.

OR ! Come to the west end and drink it alllllll away. Solve's a lot of problems.
Old 10-10-2010 at 11:06 PM   #9
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Seriously, tell that dude to move on, it's pathetic.
You don't like him, and he doesn't want you to like anyone else... So he throws an ultimatum?
You def. know how relationship with him is going to be

funloving says thanks to Cliu91 for this post.
Old 10-10-2010 at 11:15 PM   #10
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

Stop stringing that guy along, and don't try to salvage your friendship either. It's done. Tell him to man up and move on, if he needs help with this, tell him to make an account on macinsiders and tell him to PM me, I will help him.
Old 10-10-2010 at 11:20 PM   #11
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

@funloving

These last few posts aren't helping too much, are they That would be a rhetorical question

Sorry