MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anybody dropping Linguistics (1A03), MMedia (1A03, 1B03), or HLTH AGE (1AA3, 1BB3)? MacDaddy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 07-15-2010 06:48 PM
LF: Gerontology 1A03 and Environmental Science 1A03 Textbooks TLulu Academics 1 01-07-2010 07:10 PM
Bio 1A03 Help. goodnews.inc First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 10-29-2009 11:58 PM
Trading Anthro 1A03 1D for Anthro 1A03 2E VoyozooT Academics 0 07-06-2009 01:00 PM

Kin 1a03

Old 09-11-2010 at 02:15 PM   #1
wallarb

Liked: 0 Times

Kin 1a03
Yesterday I bought the new Anatomy and Physiology textbook and I saw that there was some sort of access connect card included with it. Then I found out someone was able to give me a used book. Is this like the Calc textbooks where you have to buy the webassign code separately if it's used? Or is it just the book company giving me something I don't need....

Also would an old copy of the textbook be okay for the class? Or would the new one be the one to get?! eeeeeeek

THAANNSSKS!
Old 09-11-2010 at 02:26 PM   #2
Jellybeanz

Liked: 23 Times

If you got a used book you'd have to purchase the connect plus access code online separately because the course outline says that the course will be using the online component and the older version of the book doesn't even have an access code.

I'm pretty sure that for the access code in anatomy you have the choice between a "connect" code and a "connect plus" code, which is more expensive. The only thing extra you get with the connect plus code is an online version of the textbook. In the example on the website, the "connect" code was only about 25-30$, but that was for a different course, so the price could be slightly different.

You should probably wait until the first class before getting everything sorted out, because they'll most likely cover most of this... hopefully!
Old 09-11-2010 at 10:52 PM   #3
wallarb

Liked: 0 Times

Wow! Thank you sooo much!!!