MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
kin 1y03 vs econ 1b03 macnoob First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 06-27-2012 12:27 AM
Microeconomics 1B03 for Kinesiology 1Y03 shawafo First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 11-26-2011 06:13 PM
Trading Physics 1b03 for a first year elective pieeater Academics 2 12-28-2009 01:54 PM
need to replace math 1b03 or french 1z06,,with kinesiology 1y03 raja First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-04-2009 07:30 PM

is Kin 1Y03 and Physics 1B03 12able in first year?

Old 07-08-2012 at 02:59 PM   #16
lalalola2011

Liked: 4 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampis View Post
The weekly tests for Kin happen every Friday during the Tutorial time-slot (there is no tutorial for this course just weekly tests). And the tests are not Every Other Week that's just for labs.
Oh okay that kinda sucks having Kin classes Early monring (8 30- 930) on thursday and FRIDAY. Im assuming they would test you on what u learned the week before?
Old 07-08-2012 at 02:59 PM   #17
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

"is Kin 1Y03 and Physics 1B03 12able in first year?"

Nah, don't think that's ever been done before, by anyone.
Old 07-08-2012 at 03:01 PM   #18
lalalola2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
"is Kin 1Y03 and Physics 1B03 12able in first year?"

Nah, don't think that's ever been done before, by anyone.
LOL i hope your wrong....
Old 07-08-2012 at 03:05 PM   #19
Swampis

Liked: 39 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalalola2011 View Post
Oh okay that kinda sucks having Kin classes Early monring (8 30- 930) on thursday and FRIDAY. Im assuming they would test you on what u learned the week before?
They test you on material that you learned during lectures that week....and btw you can change your test time slot to a later time.

lalalola2011 says thanks to Swampis for this post.
Old 07-08-2012 at 03:10 PM   #20
lalalola2011

Quote:
They test you on material that you learned during lectures that week....and btw you can change your test time slot to a later time.
Oh wow that sucks :S how on earth are you supposed to learn/keep the material you learned THE DAY OF the test O_o...... and yeah but its still on a friday though :S
Old 07-08-2012 at 03:13 PM   #21
Swampis

Quote:
Oh wow that sucks :S how on earth are you supposed to learn/keep the material you learned THE DAY OF the test O_o...... and yeah but its still on a friday though :S
That's how they did it last year. I had lectures on Monday and Tuesday then the test on Friday so it wasn't so bad. Anyways, it is up to the prof on what material will be tested on the weekly test, so I doubt if your test and lecture are both on Friday, that material will be testable instead Friday's material will be testable for next week's test.

Edit: Just read that you have classes on Thursday and Friday, in that case, I would assume that they test last week's material.

Old 07-08-2012 at 03:15 PM   #22
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Quote:
Doesn't everyone consider Kin 1Y03 and 1YY3 basically bird courses? Or at least very easy, good courses? I'm not sure what you're worried about.
Old 07-08-2012 at 03:18 PM   #23
lalalola2011

Quote:
That's how they did it last year. I had lectures on Monday and Tuesday then the test on Friday so it wasn't so bad. Anyways, it is up to the prof on what material will be tested on the weekly test, so I doubt if your test and lecture are both on Friday, that material will be testable instead Friday's material will be testable for next week's test.

Edit: Just read that you have classes on Thursday and Friday, in that case, I would assume that they test last week's material.
Yeah im assuming that too and hopefully that's the case.....it has to be like that

And another thing is i can put my Lab for Kin on either Wed/thursday. Do you think its better to place it on wed?...cuz im thinking they could/would ask that on the test since its not the day of but then again classes are on thursday/friday...which is weird ><
Old 07-08-2012 at 03:29 PM   #24
Swampis

Quote:
Yeah im assuming that too and hopefully that's the case.....it has to be like that

And another thing is i can put my Lab for Kin on either Wed/thursday. Do you think its better to place it on wed?...cuz im thinking they could/would ask that on the test since its not the day of but then again classes are on thursday/friday...which is weird ><
Lab material is testable only every 2 week after everyone has gone to the labs. Anyways, if the lab section fits well during wed like no other labs then I guess it's generally better since you will better be able to remember the material for the test. I had my labs on Monday and had to basically re-study the lab details before every test.

Old 07-08-2012 at 03:37 PM   #25
lalalola2011

Oh Well there is only one class for Kin 1Y03 during the entire year, and so that means it is testable material during the week of the Lab.....hmmm.....

N well if i place it on Wed then ill have Bio 1M03 (lecture), then right after that Math 1LS3 Tutorial (which i heard is nothing but taking up questions and right after that ill have Kin Lab... so ive placed it for now on Thursday where i have two hours before and after the Kin lab...its very spaced out that day. Though i still have one thing to put into the timetable. But ill see i guess
Old 07-08-2012 at 04:46 PM   #26
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

I just recommend working hard, taking the time to read through the readings, study for tests and you should be fine. Worrying about what is "12-able" or not isn't a good strategy for university or life. Eventually you will have to take a course required for your program that "isn't 12-able". It's better to learn how to adapt and do well at any course now than later.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

lalalola2011 likes this.
Old 07-08-2012 at 05:03 PM   #27
lalalola2011

Yea that is true, i was just wondering if i should change Kin to Microecon or not....not sure about that, think i should just keep it as it is