MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Microeconomics 1B03 for Kinesiology 1Y03 shawafo First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 11-26-2011 06:13 PM
Anyone taking MATH 1B03 OR ECON 1B03 right now? Aeria Academics 9 11-06-2011 05:59 PM
need to replace math 1b03 or french 1z06,,with kinesiology 1y03 raja First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-04-2009 07:30 PM
Econ 1BB3 and Econ 1B03 in the same semester a good idea? melodicdream First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-13-2009 01:04 PM

kin 1y03 vs econ 1b03

Old 06-26-2012 at 09:53 PM   #1
macnoob

Liked: 0 Times

kin 1y03 vs econ 1b03
I heard a lot that Kin 1y03 is the better and harder to get into class, but since it's a Kin class doesn't it have labs and tutorials, therefore won't it take up much more time than econ?
Old 06-26-2012 at 09:57 PM   #2
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnoob View Post
I heard a lot that Kin 1y03 is the better and harder to get into class, but since it's a Kin class doesn't it have labs and tutorials, therefore won't it take up much more time than econ?
Yes, it takes up more time because of labs and weekly quizzes. But I would still take it, because of interest in anatomy and physiology, while I have little interest for econ. That's why it fills up fast.
Old 06-26-2012 at 10:09 PM   #3
macnoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Yes, it takes up more time because of labs and weekly quizzes. But I would still take it, because of interest in anatomy and physiology, while I have little interest for econ. That's why it fills up fast.
Economics is more of a business type course right? Also which of the two are easier?
Old 06-26-2012 at 10:10 PM   #4
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Economics is more of a business type course right? Also which of the two are easier?
Yes. And Econ is the general "easy" elective that everyone takes. Kin is definitely not easy,
Old 06-26-2012 at 10:14 PM   #5
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Take the one that interests you..i regret taking econ in first year eng..i only took it because all my friends were taking it and everyone said it was an easy class (I got higher in my eng math courses than econ :/ ).
When I took econ 1b03 we talked about supply&demand, taxes.. there was math in it, but it was very simple (no calculus or anything like that )
Old 06-26-2012 at 10:30 PM   #6
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

overall this year from what i saw, people did better in kin compared to econ. both are fairly easy if youre interested in the content and dont wait until the last moment to study
Old 06-26-2012 at 10:38 PM   #7
macnoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
overall this year from what i saw, people did better in kin compared to econ. both are fairly easy if youre interested in the content and dont wait until the last moment to study
Tbh Kin seems more interesting, but it requires a lot more time and effort to do well in, and since we life sci students already have a pretty hectic schedule, wouldn't it be smarter to choose a simpler elective?
Old 06-27-2012 at 12:27 AM   #8
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

i wouldnt say life sci is hectic especially if youre taking math 1ls3, physics 1l03, etc. you have plenty of time to do everything and so many kids in life sci rip their hairs out to get into kin anyways. and how do you know what is simple? its all subjective man. kin forces you to study each week and thus everyone found the exam to be a bird exam. no one does anything for econ and gets owned by the exam. that is the trend i have seen which is why u need to do what u think is more interesting and/or will benefit you the most

Bhagwanpreet, Darknight23 all say thanks to Silver for this post.