Professor Rating
90%90%90%
Interest
60%60%60%
Easiness
100%100%100%
Average 88%
Kin 3SS3

This course is a pleasure to review. It has got to be my most holistic, alternative, random course I've ever taken at university. First, I'll start off by confirming...Yes, it is VERY easy. There is 1 in class test which is the easiest thing you'll every write...I was disappointed I got 1 mark off because it slipped my mind. There are 2 essays, but don't be frightened...They are take-home and really simple. You have to incorporate quotes from a couple novels into a critique about another novel for the first one. For the second one (which is the take-home exam), you have to incorporate quotes into a program that you design about holistic medicine. It's really quite fun and lets you express your creativity. There are also 2 presentations which allow for a fun and creative time.

You'll do some really fun stuff in this class. There's meditation, where the professor speaks in a soothing voice while the lights are off and all the students close their eyes with their heads down. It's along the lines of "You're on a beach, the seagulls are chirping, there's a lobster, say hi to the lobster...etc". There's also times when you'll go to the gym and play dodgeball and other fun games.

I highly recommend this course as an elective and as an alternative course that'll get you thinking about other things in life. There are some spots for non-kin students so grab them fast!

P.S. Mention Obama and dance as much as possible in your essays and presentations to get tons of extra credit!

enigmatique, moops all say thanks to mitch for this post.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Kin 3SS3!

Old 06-16-2009 at 08:05 AM   #2
enigmatique

Liked: 0 Times
Thanks for posting a review on this course, Mitch! I was just wondering if you or anyone had taken Kin 3S03 by any chance? It's also taught by the same prof who teaches 3SS3 and sounds somewhat similar.
Old 06-28-2009 at 07:28 PM   #3
Desiree

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmatique View Post
Thanks for posting a review on this course, Mitch! I was just wondering if you or anyone had taken Kin 3S03 by any chance? It's also taught by the same prof who teaches 3SS3 and sounds somewhat similar.
I've taken this course, and also 3S03! I can post a review on that.
Old 06-01-2011 at 11:31 AM   #4
jenn_y

Has anyone taken this course with Singh?

Old 06-01-2011 at 01:59 PM   #5
karna

Liked: 28 Times
anyone who took this course with Wilson last year, and can provide a review?
Old 06-02-2011 at 02:21 PM   #6
kirbyking

Hey Mitch, who was the prof for this course when you took it?
Old 06-06-2011 at 08:59 AM   #7
denisa002

Liked: 3 Times
Yup, also wondering if anyone can provide a review who has taken it with Dr. Wilson
Old 07-16-2011 at 11:17 PM   #8
AnthraX

Liked: 23 Times
Can someone provide an updated review of the course?
Old 07-17-2011
huntcj
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 07-17-2011
~*Sara*~
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 04-21-2012 at 10:22 AM   #9
martiul
Account Disabled by User

I would not recommend this class.
Waste of time and money.
I took it with Prof. Wilson in Fall 2011.
Lots of reading and 4 group presentations (only 1 is worth marks; 30%).
Take home midterm essay.
Final essay questions and short answer.
Spent 50% of the classes watching presentations (talent, social change, group game), doing hollistic exercises in the gym, watched a movie - therefore did not learn much of anything.
Random attendance marks.
Old 05-23-2012 at 01:19 AM   #10
snair

how did you do in the course thou??
Old 05-27-2012 at 04:58 PM   #11
Erika0909

Could anyone provide any insight as to whether this course is worth taking if you're looking for a high mark?
Old 07-04-2012 at 06:47 PM   #12
martiul
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by snair View Post
how did you do in the course thou??
Sorry this is really late. I ended up with an 11.
It is a bird, but I and most people I know ended up extremely frustrated and did not enjoy it.
Old 07-05-2012 at 12:05 AM   #13
Phantom

Liked: 48 Times
I took this course with Dr. Paramjit Singh in fall, 2012. It was his first time teaching it and it easily became one of the most amazing classes I've ever taken at Mac. As birdy as it can get and extremely creative, light, and enriching in terms of discussions and thoughts. There was a group presentation worth somewhere around 30% I think, midterm = 25% (Take home) consisting of 2 essay questions and you get a choice. Exam was worth more, I don't quite remember exactly how much but it consisted of 3 essay questions, 1000 words each, plenty of choice given, and once again, take home.

The course also had the gym component where one would basically lie down and become increasingly aware of the mundane things in oneself and life. Discussions were mostly regarding everyday simple things like relationships, hugs, etc.

Dr. Singh is arguably the best prof I've had till date; very humble and kind. I doubt he is teaching this course this year but if he does teach it this year or next year or any year for that matter, DO NOT miss the opportunity to take it with him. For those of you hunting for the rock word: "Easy" - yes this course was definitely easy and fun.

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search