MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reviews for HTH SCI 2G03, KINESIOL 3A03, KINESIOL 3V03 _Luu_ Academics 5 06-06-2011 08:53 PM
Who Needs Kinesiol 1yo3? Im Willing To Trade Imtiaz Academics 55 08-13-2010 09:33 PM

Kinesiol 1yo3 And 1yy3

Old 06-28-2012 at 02:32 PM   #1
Jaz1616

Liked: 1 Time

Kinesiol 1yo3 And 1yy3
So, Im a Life Sci student and I recently picked my courses for first year. Here's what I have:

Term 1: Bio, Chem, Physics, Psych, and Kin.
Term 2: Bio, Chem, Math, Psych, and Kin.

a) Am I royally screwed?

b) Is Kin. a reasonably easy elective or not? Bcoz some of the other ones i wanted aren't working out but here are the ones i was considering so can someone from 2nd year please tell me if any of these would be better instead of Kin.? :

LINGUIST 1T03
RELIG ST 1B06
STATS 1L03 (I haven't taken Data Management in gr. 12 and I'm okayish at math)
CMST 1A03

Help? Please and thank you.
Old 06-28-2012 at 03:00 PM   #2
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

kin isnt bad. and youre not screwed. if youre by chance taking math 1ls3 and/or physics 1l03 then youre even better off since they are relatively easy
Old 06-28-2012 at 04:31 PM   #3
Swampis

Liked: 39 Times

Hey, I took the same exact courses as you during first year (assuming that you took Math 1LS3 and Physics 1L03) and it was not bad at all, anyways, both kin were easy and interesting courses. The pre-labs were very easy as you got a week to complete it online and the labs themselves were interesting as you got to look at different wet specimens. You just had to listen to TAs explain the anatomy of these specimens and take notes in your lab book. The weekly quizzes were easy (provided that you study at least 2-3 days in advance) to score 90% or above (quizzes are out of 15 btw), and the format of the quizzes are mainly multiple choice with some labelling and fill in the blank questions. The exam for both courses was not too bad as well just study well in advanced for it. Lastly, make sure the label the lab images when they are posted on Avenue and don't leave it till the end. Personally, the Kin courses were my favourite courses during first year and my highest marks as well.

Last edited by Swampis : 06-28-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old 06-28-2012 at 07:20 PM   #4
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz1616 View Post
So, Im a Life Sci student and I recently picked my courses for first year. Here's what I have:

Term 1: Bio, Chem, Physics, Psych, and Kin.
Term 2: Bio, Chem, Math, Psych, and Kin.

a) Am I royally screwed?

b) Is Kin. a reasonably easy elective or not? Bcoz some of the other ones i wanted aren't working out but here are the ones i was considering so can someone from 2nd year please tell me if any of these would be better instead of Kin.? :

LINGUIST 1T03
RELIG ST 1B06
STATS 1L03 (I haven't taken Data Management in gr. 12 and I'm okayish at math)
CMST 1A03

Help? Please and thank you.
I took these exact courses except with physics (1b03) and math (1ls3) switched. it was fine.
Old 06-28-2012 at 09:48 PM   #5
Jaz1616

Liked: 1 Time

Oh okay..phew! Thaaaanks guys! Feel a lot better now about my choices!