MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Walk for Memories nerual MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-13-2011 10:31 PM
Walk in Clinic Near Campus Shermeen General Discussion 4 01-22-2010 09:04 PM
royal botanical garden & canadian warplane heritage museum ayinaim General Discussion 8 12-17-2007 02:34 AM

Ladies, you really expect us to walk pass a garden and not look at the flowers?

Old 03-05-2011 at 09:39 AM   #16
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
There are better and more important things to look at, like um, FACE maybe?
I see a few problems with this experimental design and this video in general:

1) Natural tendency of head to tilt downwards for tall people. When you're used to all important stimuli being below you you always walk while looking down. I'm 6'6" I never have to look up for ANYTHING, doesn't mean that I'm checking you out because my head is looking down.

2) Despite how well the camera is hidden in the Jeans with respect to colour, its lens will still be rather noticeable due to reflected light. And trust me on this, it is pretty darn sunny in L.A. that lens is going to stick out like a sore thumb. And I imagine once you notice "Dude... that girl has a camera in her butt...." you will stare longer than you normally would giving the tester the illusion that you were being checked out.

3) It's very hard to tell from that camera if they were checking the tester's butt out or just looking in her general direction. But it seems most were the latter from what I can tell.

4) The whole video is in slow-mo. What was really a quick glance in the general direction of the tester was made to seem like they were checking her out for quite some time. For example the guy on the street corner getting ready to cross, what reason does he have to quickly glance to his right for? Oh wait. TRAFFIC.

5) You notice that most of the people who look at her when she is on the streets are passing her. Frankly, it's pretty much human nature to look at things you are about to pass for a brief second to make sure they are still going to walk where you think they are going to walk.

6) Escalator shots, really?

TL;DR I honestly only think the people at 0:56, 0:59, 1:23, 1:35, and 1:42 were checking her out(however see point 2 of my argument) everyone else is fine. And to be fair she is clearly in and around the Santa Monica Pier Area, which is THE hangout for sketchy teens. When I was in California over the summer I managed to get a Medical Marijuana card at the Santa Monica Pier from one of the dozens of people selling medical marijuana (I don't smoke weed, but it's one hell of a souvenir). I hope that gives some idea of how wonderfully sketchy that area is.

/endexperimentmethodol ogyfailrant

However if you were to repeat the experiment with a breasts camera, I imagine the results would be a little more conclusive...

Last edited by REPLEKIA/. : 03-05-2011 at 09:59 AM.

Old 03-05-2011 at 10:04 AM   #17
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPLEKIA/. View Post
I see a few problems with this experimental design and this video in general:

1) Natural tendency of head to tilt downwards for tall people. When you're used to all important stimuli being below you you always walk while looking down. I'm 6'6" I never have to look up for ANYTHING, doesn't mean that I'm checking you out because my head is looking down.

2) Despite how well the camera is hidden in the Jeans with respect to colour, its lens will still be rather noticeable due to reflected light. And trust me on this, it is pretty darn sunny in L.A. that lens is going to stick out like a sore thumb. And I imagine once you notice "Dude... that girl has a camera in her butt...." you will stare longer than you normally would giving the tester the illusion that you were being checked out.

3) It's very hard to tell from that camera if they were checking the tester's butt out or just looking in her general direction. But it seems most were the latter from what I can tell.

4) The whole video is in slow-mo. What was really a quick glance in the general direction of the tester was made to seem like they were checking her out for quite some time. For example the guy on the street corner getting ready to cross, what reason does he have to quickly glance to his right for? Oh wait. TRAFFIC.

5) You notice that most of the people who look at her when she is on the streets are passing her. Frankly, it's pretty much human nature to look at things you are about to pass for a brief second to make sure they are still going to walk where you think they are going to walk.

TL;DR I honestly only think the people at 0:56, 0:59, 1:23, 1:35, and 1:42 were checking her out(however see point 2 of my argument) everyone else is fine. And to be fair she is clearly in and around the Santa Monica Pier Area, which is THE hangout for sketchy teens. When I was in California over the summer I managed to get a Medical Marijuana card at the Santa Monica Pier from one of the dozens of people selling medical marijuana (I don't smoke weed, but it's one hell of a souvenir). I hope that gives some idea of how wonderfully sketchy that area is.

/endexperimentmethodol ogyfailrant

However if you were to repeat the experiment with a breasts camera, I imagine the results would be a little more conclusive...
i'm jelly, brah!

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 03-05-2011 at 10:57 AM   #18
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPLEKIA/. View Post
lol exactly. Seemed like a couple of girls, starved for attention, put something shiny on their ass and let nature take its course.
Old 03-05-2011 at 10:58 AM   #19
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

I don't think there's anything wrong with looking. You may be in a relationship but you're still human. I guess it depends to what extent, though. I mean, if you're full on staring and totally checking out a person then, yeah, I'd have a problem with it. But if it's a quick glance then I don't see the big deal. I'd be pretty ticked if my guy did it when I was with him, though. I remember walking by a couple sitting at a table drinking coffee last summer and the guy did a complete 180 to look at me as I walked by. If I was her, I'd be pretty ticked off at him.

Even though those guys were mocking the first video, they're totally right. Girls would be lying if we said we didn't look sometimes, too. It's such a double standard to say that guys are the only ones doing it. But don't do it when you're with your significant other because you'll be caught red handed.
Old 03-05-2011 at 11:28 AM   #20
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Just sayin'.

AelyaS, cygnusX1 like this.
Old 03-05-2011 at 12:20 PM   #21
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Those two girls probably masturbate to this video

Old 03-07-2011 at 05:11 AM   #22
keish

Liked: 9 Times

I am an ass-man and I approve of the guys in that video. If you're going to wear tight-ass jeans or lulu lemons or even f***ing track pants with the words "Juicy" across them - no you know what? It doesn't even matter what they say on them. Ladies, if you have worn "McMaster" track pants on campus and your ass is at least a 7/10 I promise you that I have at one point taken a good look. That fine little behind of yours is what keeps this big ol' smile on my face - and for that you all have my thanks

edit: totally forgot I made my pic my creepy 'licking the dippindots spoon' picture from sixflags, which makes this only that much better.

AdelaisAer, BlakeM like this.
Old 03-07-2011 at 07:48 AM   #23
NowHere

Liked: 14 Times

Loose skirts that hug the bum are hot.
Old 03-07-2011 at 08:21 AM   #24
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

How can a loose skirt hug a bum?

Old 03-07-2011 at 12:53 PM   #25
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
lol exactly. Seemed like a couple of girls, starved for attention, put something shiny on their ass and let nature take its course.
They are mexican, what can you expect, lol
Old 03-07-2011 at 01:35 PM   #26
zango
Elite Member

Liked: 86 Times

The blonde is so hot

justinsftw likes this.
Old 03-07-2011 at 01:48 PM   #27
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Oh, boy...
Old 03-07-2011 at 01:53 PM   #28
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
Oh, boy...
Spit it out woman. Stop with this silent passive aggressive stuff!
Old 03-07-2011 at 02:00 PM   #29
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Okay, rofl at "ass-man" and "lulu lemons." Rofl at finding the exact moment down to the second in that video where people were checking the girl out. Rofl at escalator shots and rofl at jelly. Satisfied?

Oh, and also. There is this one guy I've seen a couple times wearing Mac sweat pants and his butt s FINE. Which is weird for me to say that because I don't even normally noticed butts at all.
Old 03-07-2011 at 02:04 PM   #30
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
Oh, and also. There is this one guy I've seen a couple times wearing Mac sweat pants and his butt s FINE. Which is weird for me to say that because I don't even normally noticed butts at all.
Aww, that wasn't me...