MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Worst gift you've gotten.. ~*Sara*~ Dating & Relationships 30 12-24-2009 03:23 PM
Christmas gift help! AZTF Dating & Relationships 7 12-20-2009 10:48 PM
Best gift you've gotten? lorend General Discussion 43 12-20-2009 09:45 PM

Lamest Gift Ever?

Old 08-05-2009 at 12:55 PM   #1
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Lamest Gift Ever?
So apparently the Globe sent me a link to the Lamest Gift contest. I've had some pretty lame ones...nothing as lame as the Top Ten though.

Have you gotten any really lame gifts like these? Just being nosy, lol...

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-05-2009 at 01:19 PM   #2
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

My grandma visited some of my relatives in Malaysia.

When she came back, she said my 6-year-old cousin bought me a gift.

It was one of those capsule toys that you can get from those $1 dispensers at supermarkets... I still have no idea what exactly it's supposed to do (at first I thought you shoot rubber bands with it, because there was a picture of a rubber band attached to it in the picture, but then I found out it doesn't actually shoot rubber bands...)

Also, it looked like he already opened the capsule before... He also wrapped it in lined paper along with a scrunchie... Yeah, a scrunchie... -__-
(EDIT: actually it's a hair tie. Apparently scrunchies are "different")

Last edited by JEFF_CHAN : 08-05-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 08-05-2009 at 01:21 PM   #3
KaylaMarie

Liked: 3 Times

Haha those are pretty funny!
My boyfriend got me a pretty lame gift for my 20th birthday in February...it was a big bag of nothing nothing. lol. And for Valentine's day (3 days before my birthday) he got me... nothing again! oh wait...I paid for the $500 vacation we went on that weekend as well....happy freaking Valentine's day eh lol
And he's the one who had a job this year too...hmmmm....
AND! AND! for our 2 year anniversary (last November) he got me, you guessed it, NOTHING! not even a card or flowers, nothing! Well, he paid for dinner, but it's not like we didn't used to go out to dinner all the time before when we had money (before university lol). GEEZ! And I got him Coldplay tickets for his birthday in June.....with no salary.
Wow that turned into a rant...lol

Last edited by KaylaMarie : 08-05-2009 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-05-2009 at 01:43 PM   #4
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

For my 13th birthday my parents and brother gave me a bunch of pliers and nothing else. Not as awesome as you might think.
Old 08-05-2009 at 03:01 PM   #5
Geek
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 98 Times

For Christmas a few years ago, a family friend bought me a tanning kit. It wasn't a joke present. I'm brown

Anna M, KrnBunny91, Taunton, ytpos like this.
Old 08-05-2009 at 03:19 PM   #6
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

I think I've seen worse than all of those on the top ten.. except that aligator one... that's scary.

The worst one I can think of is one that my dad's ex-wife got my mom (that itself is awkward).. We have pet chickens so she thought this flower pot thing with chickens on it would be nice. It doesn't sound so bad except it is the ugliest thing ever! Inside, there are herbs but oh no they are not even real.. So, we've got this ugly chicken pot with fake herbs in it and it's funny because the herbs look wilted even.. an all around fail.

My mom: "Thank you?" hahahahah
Old 08-05-2009 at 04:23 PM   #7
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

My friend's (senile) grandmother bought me one of those spring horses for little girls. S: Like this, but pink:

Did I mention I was 20 years old at the time?

Old 08-05-2009 at 04:27 PM   #8
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaMarie View Post
Haha those are pretty funny!
My boyfriend got me a pretty lame gift for my 20th birthday in February...it was a big bag of nothing nothing. lol. And for Valentine's day (3 days before my birthday) he got me... nothing again! oh wait...I paid for the $500 vacation we went on that weekend as well....happy freaking Valentine's day eh lol
And he's the one who had a job this year too...hmmmm....
AND! AND! for our 2 year anniversary (last November) he got me, you guessed it, NOTHING! not even a card or flowers, nothing! Well, he paid for dinner, but it's not like we didn't used to go out to dinner all the time before when we had money (before university lol). GEEZ! And I got him Coldplay tickets for his birthday in June.....with no salary.
Wow that turned into a rant...lol
I think your boyfriend may be a golddigger. Leave him.

I don't get lame gifts ever-- or maybe I just have low standards.
Old 08-05-2009 at 04:41 PM   #9
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
My friend's (senile) grandmother bought me one of those spring horses for little girls. S: Like this, but pink [...] Did I mention I was 20 years old at the time?
Bahaha. I want an adult-sized one. Seriously.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-05-2009 at 05:38 PM   #10
Mowicz
Elite Member

I want an adult-sized Jolly-Jumper.
Old 08-05-2009 at 06:00 PM   #11
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
I want an adult-sized Jolly-Jumper.
I don't think that would be so fun after ramming your head into the ceiling above your door frame a few times :p.
Old 08-05-2009 at 06:21 PM   #12
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

My friends usually get me really thoughtful gifts that I quite enjoy. The lamest gift I ever got though was from a boyfriend I had when I was 16. For my 16th birthday he bought me a picture frame. That in itself is sort of blah but it gets better. It was a picture frame with pictures of himself in it. To top it all off he went on and on about how it was such a beautiful silver frame that cost $90 dollars. After he left I was checking out the frame and it was actually really thin plastic, it almost cracked. He probably got it at the dollar store and stole the pictures from his mom. Needless to say he was cheap, thoughtless and conceited. It didn't even have a picture of us together in it or anything.

Not really related to the lame gift but he also ended up flirting with my best friend at this party. I dumped him on the Monday at school.
Old 08-05-2009 at 06:35 PM   #13
crucif3x

Liked: 21 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
I don't think that would be so fun after ramming your head into the ceiling above your door frame a few times :p.
Or maybe it'd be more fun? LOL

My lamest gift would probably have to be... I guess a red pocket with 50 cents it in for Chinese New Years? I don't even know who gave me it, i just found it in the pile...
- Moulton Hall
Old 08-05-2009 at 09:59 PM   #14
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
My friend's (senile) grandmother bought me one of those spring horses for little girls. S: Like this, but pink:

Did I mention I was 20 years old at the time?
I miss mine and want another one :(
Old 08-05-2009 at 10:53 PM   #15
Mowicz
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Pff. One could hardly call that adult-sized.

One-size-fits-all my giant fanny. xD