MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What can I ask my landlord to do? MeenaM Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 4 09-26-2014 10:26 AM
Landlord problems Jennnnn Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 8 02-11-2013 09:22 PM
A retiree and a landlord ychen Introduce Yourself 3 04-22-2012 05:13 PM
Can my landlord do this? Ownaginatios Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 43 03-04-2011 11:13 AM
sketchy landlord? shleyaa General Discussion 11 01-13-2009 07:34 PM

Landlord kicking me out

Old 12-11-2014 at 01:32 AM   #1
gyen92

Liked: 0 Times

Landlord kicking me out
I was living with 2 other girls but one is graduating and one wants to try living with other girls that I was looking for a single room for myself.

I found one and there were 4 rooms. I wanted to sign for one room but landlord made me wait for a day to find other 3 girls.

I told him that i could go find other rooms if he wanted to set up 4 girls to the house, but he actually wanted me to sign the room, so that i did.

Before signing to the lease I asked him that I have a cat and he said that's ok.

After came back home I asked him once again do we have to write on the lease about my cat for future references. He said that should be fine.

but like 2 days ago he called me that 3 girls showed up to sign up and they were allergic to cat.

I told him the cat will be staying in my room, wont go outside at all .
I also asked him whether I can talk with those girls since I didn't trust him.
He said cat is ok but I can't talk to that girls.

And today I got an email from those girls that the landlord promised them and their parents that there will be no cats that they want me to find a new home for my cat.
at the same time landlord send me an email that their family, landlord's, actually want a cat that they wanna bring her. He was actually asking me when to pick up my cats.

WTF?

So I called the landlord what is going on and does he want me to cancel the lease and find another house.
He was shouting at me cuz I'm making him to find another girl replacing me in this weather.

He said he can give my cheque back to my house so I told him the address
but he just sent me email that he just put the cheque to bank that he needs some time to recheque to me.

It was fucking last month's rent .why did you already put in your account?
it was stupid me wrote the date of that day since he said so.

OMFG

I'm just so mad .

Guys
Never trust Landlord
Check your lease and date of the cheque.
Old 12-11-2014 at 09:59 AM   #2
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

What's landlords name?
Old 12-11-2014 at 10:18 AM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Landlords aren't allowed to say "no pets"; it's against the law.
I'm not entirely sure I understand your situation, but it sounds like you were there first and then he went and found another tenant who is allergic to cats. That tenant should have been made aware that there is a cat in the house prior to signing.

Freija, inkhawk157, Kudos like this.
Old 12-11-2014 at 05:36 PM   #4
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

Always have everything in writing

danielceleste likes this.
Old 12-11-2014
danielceleste
This message has been removed by a moderator. .