MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What can I ask my landlord to do? MeenaM Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 4 09-26-2014 10:26 AM
Adventure Time: Finn and Jake Smexy Movies & Television 1 06-05-2013 10:13 AM
Can my landlord do this? Ownaginatios Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 43 03-04-2011 11:13 AM
Awful Landlord DannyV General Discussion 18 08-02-2009 04:24 AM
sketchy landlord? shleyaa General Discussion 11 01-13-2009 07:34 PM

Landlord Review Jake from Throndale

Old 01-20-2015 at 12:28 PM   #1
f_trivedi

Liked: 0 Times

Landlord Review Jake from Throndale
Hey guys!

My friends and I were thinking about renting 60 Thorndale cres next year and then we realized that it was previously owned by Anil (a landlord that is probably known at McMaster for the worst landlord ever)

The name of the guy that we're talking to right now is Jake and he owns a couple of housed on Thorndale. I was wondering if there was any info on this landlord, any experiences you've had?

Any feedback at all would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance
Old 01-20-2015 at 07:14 PM   #2
sarah2874

Liked: 13 Times

One thing I'd recommend, is for you to double check that Anil doesn't still own the house. The fact that the house is posted under Jake doesn't really mean much to be honest, because sketchy landlords can (and do) sometimes post ads under different names when they know that students have been warned to stay away from their houses. For Anil specifically, I know he hired a manager to look after some of his properties for him and complete needed repairs. If I remember right, he sometimes posts ads under that man's name.

All in all, the point I'm trying to get across is that if you know for sure the house you're considering was one of Anil's in the past, you want to make sure he doesn't still own it now and is posting under a different name or using an agent. After all, you're pretty much right in saying Anil's one of Mac's worst landlords, so you really don't want to end up renting from him.

Good luck!
Old 01-21-2015 at 11:10 AM   #3
MovingTarget

Liked: 6 Times

I'm currently renting from Anil right now and plan to renew the lease for next year. Honestly, all 8 of us in the house now haven't had any problems with him. When the washing machine broke, front door lock ran out of batteries, and a light bulb needed to be changed, he send his contractor over within a few days. Granted, there was some haggling over the lease when we first signed it (but we had a parent with us that was a landlord herself look it over and made him change some stuff).

I'm curious as to what Anil has done to cause people to avoid him?