MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Daily game May 16 : Carveola incident Chad Daily Game 1 05-16-2011 10:57 AM
OSAP is killing me... DanielaC First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-23-2010 04:08 PM
Killing 5 hours between classes reeves First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 65 09-02-2009 10:05 AM
The How To: Killing Time When You Have Lots of it ferreinm Misc 6 01-01-2009 10:59 PM

LAPD cop killing incident

Old 02-08-2013 at 10:42 PM   #1
ta2012

Liked: 36 Times

LAPD cop killing incident
For those of you who haven't heard of this incident yet, here's the link
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/08/us/lap...html?hpt=hp_t1

Who knows what the truth is? but the sad thing is cops are shooting innocent civilians just because they are driving similar pick-up trucks as the suspect.

Two white women were shot in their blue Toyota Tacoma this morning. The suspect drives blue Nissan Titan. So apparently... any blue pick-up trucks are fair game.

If anyone is planning on going to LA during the reading week, make sure you're not driving a blue car!
Old 02-08-2013 at 11:34 PM   #2
hilton

Liked: 42 Times

I posted a thread on this two days ago and nobody replied. I also posted his manifesto, which is interesting.

He exposed some corruption within the LAPD and got fired for it.
He's armed with a 50 cal and a rocket launcher. He was chased and retreated into the mountains.

He also torched his own car after hearing about how the LAPD were firing at civilians mistaken for him.

More links:

http://laist.com/2013/02/07/police_shoot_motorist s_mistaken_for_dorner .php

http://www.washingtonpost.co m/national/los-angeles-police-say-suspect-in-overnight-riverside-cop-killing-is-former-la-officer/2013/02/07/396f262e-7130-11e2-b3f3-b263d708ca37_story_1. html

Also interesting: When Chris Dorner was still a student, he found a bag filled with $8,000 and handed it into the police:
http://enidnews.com/localnews/x964898713/ENE-Archives-Vance-students-turn-in-lost-church-money#cb=fdd0205ed565 68&origin=http%3A%2F% 2Fenidnews.com%2Ff346 19491750dc8&domain=en idnews.com&relation=p arent&error=not_autho rized

Last edited by hilton : 02-08-2013 at 11:40 PM.

ta2012 likes this.
Old 02-08-2013 at 11:50 PM   #3
ta2012

Liked: 36 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilton View Post
I posted a thread on this two days ago and nobody replied. I also posted his manifesto, which is interesting.

He exposed some corruption within the LAPD and got fired for it.
He's armed with a 50 cal and a rocket launcher. He was chased and retreated into the mountains.

He also torched his own car after hearing about how the LAPD were firing at civilians mistaken for him.

More links:

http://laist.com/2013/02/07/police_s...r_dorner .php

http://www.washingtonpost.co m/nati...story_1. html

Also interesting: When Chris Dorner was still a student, he found a bag filled with $8,000 and handed it into the police:
http://enidnews.com/localnews/x96489...t_autho rized
So that's why he set his car on fire
I can't say that he is justice for exposing corruption (murderer is still murderer), but it looks like only the police is hurting civilians..

afletch47 says thanks to ta2012 for this post.
Old 02-08-2013 at 11:56 PM   #4
hilton

Yeah but is murder always wrong? You can't say murder's wrong just because of what it is.
Here's his manifesto (the real version, not the disinfo version):
http://content.clearchannel. com/cc-common/mlib/616/02/616_1360213161.pdf
Old 02-09-2013 at 06:14 AM   #5
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

I was taken aback when I heard that someone handed in a rocket launcher after the newtown tragedy (ie when everyone was giving up their guns), but this guy has one too? seriously? why would you ever need a rocket launcher in the states?!

whyyyy americans, whyyyy

starfish likes this.
Old 02-09-2013 at 08:31 AM  
Allan
Elite Member

Liked: 115 Times

I love cop-killers. They have the guts to rise up against the oppression.
Old 02-09-2013 at 10:38 AM  
darklink121

Liked: 59 Times

^

How can you adore a man who hurt 2 cops that were not affiliated with his alleged case of forging and manipulating evidence?

Not to mention this man killed a daughter of a police officer who was affiliated with his case and also killed her fiance as well. This man is a coward, straight and simple. He is no better than Timothy Mcveigh who just like him is a domestic terrorist.

If he is innocent with regards to his time as a police officer then he should by all means clear his name and highlight the corruption of the LAPD through legal means such as filing a lawsuit. Not by going on a murderous rampage and killing people.

Instead of going by what people have to say on this forum, you should take the initiative of doing some actual reading. Here ill give you a head start.

http://laist.com/2013/02/07/who_is_c...r_do rner.php
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/07/us/lap...html?hpt=hp_t1
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/08/us/lap...cks/index.html

Lastly with regards to your quote "They have the guts to rise up against oppression."

"Nonviolence is the answer to the crucial political and moral questions of our time; the need for mankind to overcome oppression and violence without resorting to oppression and violence. Mankind must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love."

Martin Luther King Jr
Old 02-09-2013 at 11:51 AM   #6
hilton

Quote:
If he is innocent with regards to his time as a police officer then he should by all means clear his name and highlight the corruption of the LAPD through legal means such as filing a lawsuit. Not by going on a murderous rampage and killing people.
He tried, and this is what got him fired in the first place.

Quote:
"Nonviolence is the answer to the crucial political and moral questions of our time; the need for mankind to overcome oppression and violence without resorting to oppression and violence. Mankind must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love."

Martin Luther King Jr
But he doesn't want to start a revolution. He wants to kill the people who wronged him and are corrupting the system.

Quote:
why would you ever need a rocket launcher in the states?!
Because he wants one, is usually a good enough reason.
Old 02-09-2013 at 12:38 PM   #7
darklink121

Quote:
He tried, and this is what got him fired in the first place.

But he doesn't want to start a revolution. He wants to kill the people who wronged him and are corrupting the system.

Because he wants one, is usually a good enough reason.
It doesn't matter. You still keep on fighting. He could have gone to a local news station and collaborated with them to reveal how corrupt the LAPD is. He could have had a peaceful protest to also demonstrate his frustrations with the police force. Hell maybe he could have appealed this through the supreme court. Anything is better than taking violent matters into his own hand.

And with regards to your second quote on how he wants to kill the people who wronged him and are corrupting the system. If that's the case, then why did he have to kill a police officer who was not involved with his departure and equally important why did he have to kill the daughter of the police officer who wronged him and her fiance? That doesn't make any sense and more importantly it makes him wrong and a coward.
Old 02-09-2013 at 12:45 PM   #8
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklink121 View Post
It doesn't matter. You still keep on fighting. He could have gone to a local news station and collaborated with them to reveal how corrupt the LAPD is. He could have had a peaceful protest to also demonstrate his frustrations with the police force. Hell maybe he could have appealed this through the supreme court. Anything is better than taking violent matters into his own hand.

And with regards to your second quote on how he wants to kill the people who wronged him and are corrupting the system. If that's the case, then why did he have to kill a police officer who was not involved with his departure and equally important why did he have to kill the daughter of the police officer who wronged him and her fiance? That doesn't make any sense and more importantly it makes him wrong and a coward.
the package he sent to anderson cooper (which also contained video evidence) wasnt even opened until after this whole thing went down

im in no way condoning his actions.. just saying
Old 02-09-2013 at 01:21 PM   #9
darklink121

Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
the package he sent to anderson cooper (which also contained video evidence) wasnt even opened until after this whole thing went down

im in no way condoning his actions.. just saying
And I'm saying that no matter what, he should not stop fighting even if it takes a while for the news station to pick it up or voice his concerns. Keep contacting numerous news station until he can voice his concerns. Or start a movement similar to that of Occupy Wallstreet and have a group of people who were victims of police brutality or who were affiliated with the police force.
Old 02-09-2013 at 03:10 PM   #10
hilton

Quote:
It doesn't matter. You still keep on fighting.
This is easy to say for someone who's never had to go through anything like he had lol.

60 years ago you'd be one of those guys who'd tell all the blacks during the civil rights movement to just "legally" do what they could instead of doing what's required to change the laws, lol

Quote:
Or start a movement similar to that of Occupy Wallstreet
Oh yeah because THAT sure did something. The only thing it did was change the law to essentially disallow peaceful protesting.

Allan likes this.
Old 02-09-2013 at 03:42 PM   #11
Scarecrow
Dr. Crane

Liked: 89 Times

Hello, LAPD. I want to play a game.
Old 02-09-2013 at 05:05 PM   #12
darklink121

Quote:
This is easy to say for someone who's never had to go through anything like he had lol.

60 years ago you'd be one of those guys who'd tell all the blacks during the civil rights movement to just "legally" do what they could instead of doing what's required to change the laws, lol

Oh yeah because THAT sure did something. The only thing it did was change the law to essentially disallow peaceful protesting.
So then what do you propose he should have done then? I want to hear your opinion? I mean so far you haven't mentioned anything constructive on how he should have handled this situation. I appreciate the fact that you and other people on this forum have commented and clarified on this story as well as points I made.

Look at the Travon Martin tragedy. The cops who did the initial investigation with Travon Martin and George Zimmerman was deplorable. I mean granted that case is still going on but after a few days of that tragedy when the Travon's parents were venting their frustrations to the media, the community was irate on how the police officers handled that situation. One point I'm trying to make is that one should not underestimate the power of media. If people vent their frustrations about a legitimate topic and the news covers it and provides good objectivity, there can be some significant change to that.
Old 02-09-2013 at 05:09 PM   #13
hilton

Quote:
So then what do you propose he should have done then? I want to hear your opinion? I mean so far you haven't mentioned anything constructive on how he should have handled this situation. I appreciate the fact that you and other people on this forum have commented and clarified on this story as well as points I made.

Look at the Travon Martin tragedy. The cops who did the initial investigation with Travon Martin and George Zimmerman was deplorable. I mean granted that case is still going on but after a few days of that tragedy when the Travon's parents were venting their frustrations to the media, the community was irate on how the police officers handled that situation. One point I'm trying to make is that one should not underestimate the power of media. If people vent their frustrations about a legitimate topic and the news covers it and provides good objectivity, there can be some significant change to that.
1. There's no right answer to this question which is why nobody should offer any advice on how he should have handled his situation. He's getting his work done a different way after trying a "better" (in your eyes) way.

2. The media made George out to be a skinhead and Trayvon out to be a saint and suppressed images supporting the fact that Zimmerman acted in self defense. The media isn't always useful. I'm not condoning or condemning his methods because none of us here can. Your methods, though, don't work. My evidence: history.

Allan likes this.