MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Laptop processor differences and Laptop opinions **jewel 03** Computers & Tech 42 10-30-2010 03:43 PM
Which Laptop?? manav Computers & Tech 216 09-03-2009 11:35 PM
Need some laptop advice for life sci. Sultan Computers & Tech 8 08-16-2009 05:14 PM
This a good laptop for uni? $374 MacEng General Discussion 5 06-09-2008 11:28 PM

laptop advice/any good ones?:D

Old 08-12-2010 at 08:10 PM   #31
Zuchowski

Liked: 1 Time

I hate Apple Inc. With a Passion.
Old 08-12-2010 at 08:14 PM   #32
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuchowski View Post
I hate Apple Inc. With a Passion.
The more you hate them, the more money their engineers make. A lot of people hate iphones and ipad, but who cares cause people will still buy them.

Old 08-12-2010 at 08:15 PM   #33
KuNFuZeD

Liked: 3 Times

ive got windows 7 ultimate cd lol for free .. installed it on all my computers and i love it
Old 08-12-2010 at 08:17 PM   #34
Zuchowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuNFuZeD View Post
ive got windows 7 ultimate cd lol for free .. installed it on all my computers and i love it
Totallynot random.....
Old 08-12-2010 at 08:17 PM   #35
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuNFuZeD View Post
Props. Win7 is awesome and its free.

Old 08-12-2010 at 08:20 PM   #36
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby66 View Post
Tablets are awesome, you can buy the real apple ipad for 200 bucks CAD. People get shipments directly from china's foxconn and sells it to you.
That'd be cool if iPads weren't horrible tablets for school use. You get an iPad for watching movies, reading books, and playing some games, not taking notes in a class or any sort of activity that requires word processing or any sort of file management. When it comes to school use a convertible laptop >>> iPad.

Afzal likes this.
Old 08-12-2010 at 08:20 PM   #37
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Quote:
Tablets are awesome, you can buy the real apple ipad for 200 bucks CAD.
Orly? Please give the source :p.

Anyway, avoid HP's lower end. It's absolutely awful. They tend to have very poor quality plastic shells.

Toshiba and Dell seem to be alright.

Also, you should check out what Acer has. It's true that a few years back, Acer's stuff was junk, but they've really gone up in quality. I bought an Acer Aspire 751h netbook (I think that's the model number) back in February, and it's really nice. Very clear screen, decent specs (for a netbook) and long battery life.

And about the OS... seriously, who gives a shit what it comes with. That's what torrents and WGA cracks are for guys . Personally I've been running OS X on my PC for most of the summer (it's been hacked epically to work on non-mac hardware). I kinda like it since it's similar to linux (no bullshit registry and auto-restarting like windows), but like a PC in that it has some games (SCII :p).
Old 08-12-2010 at 08:21 PM   #38
Zuchowski

Quote:
Props. Win7 is awesome and its free.
Realy..? its free? from where?
Old 08-12-2010 at 08:23 PM   #39
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

I agree with tailsnake. You really dont want a big laptop to lug around even if you do live on res.

I would stick with a nice slim laptop and use the rest on a nice desktop. Something like the Viao or the xps, even some of the ASUS look good.

Trust me getting a performance laptop may seem like a good idea now but once you start school your gonna dread the decision. I know a friend who has a decked out alien ware laptop. The laptop + the charger weighed way to much and took up a lot of space. It made no sense in bringing it to school

and i really dont understand why people hate Apple so much. Yes they seem to be becoming a fashion statement now days. But if you sit down with a person who actually know how to use it. You will see how efficient OSX is. Some of the little feature really go a long way.

To each is own
Old 08-12-2010 at 08:29 PM   #40
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzyrio View Post
and i really dont understand why people hate Apple so much.
I really don't want to hate Apple, but their outstanding smugness and droves of douchebags who feel they need to preach to the world about how much of a genius Steve Jobs is kills it.

For example, the iPhone is probably in terms of hardware and software one of the best phones. Only problem is, the thing is so ****ing locked down with what software you must use with it, and how Apple forces you to pay some small fee for pretty much all programs... that in the end, I just don't want it. Also, why the hell do you have to program for it in Objective-C? What's wrong with using something people actually know, like C++...

/rant
Old 08-12-2010 at 08:33 PM   #41
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 416 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
That'd be cool if iPads weren't horrible tablets for school use. You get an iPad for watching movies, reading books, and playing some games, not taking notes in a class or any sort of activity that requires word processing or any sort of file management. When it comes to school use a convertible laptop >>> iPad.
Choose a side <_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzyrio View Post
and i really dont understand why people hate Apple so much.
I don't hate their products...i just hate the company for their strategies...mostly I hate Steve Jobs.

Quote:
Realy..? its free? from where?
prolly talking about torrents. CAS students like me get it for free though
Old 08-12-2010 at 08:39 PM   #42
Zuchowski

wait no back to subject, Any good Tablet PC with longish battery life out there
Old 08-12-2010 at 08:41 PM   #43
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Check out whatever HP's successor to the tx2500 is. I believe it's a tablet with multitouch capability.

EDIT: Here you go.
Old 08-12-2010 at 08:47 PM   #44
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

Quote:
wait no back to subject, Any good Tablet PC with longish battery life out there
Ive heard quiet a bit about the Fujitsu Lifebook

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/blogs/zdnet-u...t-pc-10018236/ <--
-Multi-touch
-Options up to i7

Check it out it seems really good. The Dell notebooks aren't that bad either
Old 08-12-2010 at 08:50 PM   #45
Zuchowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Check out whatever HP's successor to the tx2500 is. I believe it's a tablet with multitouch capability.

EDIT: Here you go.
EDIT: i think im in love with it... and you =D

Last edited by Zuchowski : 08-12-2010 at 08:54 PM.