Old 04-15-2011 at 06:26 PM   #16
AmyLia

Liked: 28 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuderia View Post
Having study space in a library makes it more "legit/smart"

"Hey dude, where you heading?"
"I'm going the to library to study"

I've been to mills a few times and honestly its just a place to socialize. Majority of people are goofing around and doing anything but studying.

This is very true, and it's not just Mills. The only quiet place left is hthsci really. Mills and Thode are always loud...and yea I realize that the first floor shouldn't be silent study, but it shouldn't be as loud as it is regardless.
Old 04-15-2011 at 06:35 PM   #17
AlchemistX

Liked: 11 Times

I really dont understand how removing the laptop program will magically increase the amount of study space available. As mentioned above people are too damn lazy to look for places outside of the common areas. By the way, werent they already renovating Mills for study space before the survey?
Old 04-15-2011 at 07:43 PM   #18
Scuderia
RocketSaurus

Liked: 110 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLia View Post
This is very true, and it's not just Mills. The only quiet place left is hthsci really. Mills and Thode are always loud...and yea I realize that the first floor shouldn't be silent study, but it shouldn't be as loud as it is regardless.
Health Science is way to quiet I hate the atmosphere there. It feels like everyone has there eyes on you when you walk in and most people stare right at you I don't know what there problem is.

I used to love Thode 3 years ago but whoever designed the new floor plan for that library is a failure. After ISCII took over 3rd floor which I don't mind, it hasn't been the same. Second floor is suppose to be quiet study? Are you kidding?!? You can hear the voices from first floor loud and clear.

I spend most of my time at Innis these days. Innis is just the perfect little place I hope it doesn't change.
Old 04-15-2011 at 08:19 PM   #19
AmyLia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuderia View Post
Health Science is way to quiet I hate the atmosphere there. It feels like everyone has there eyes on you when you walk in and most people stare right at you I don't know what there problem is.

They stare at you because you're new, they can smell fear =P
I don't mind the atmosphere in hthsci at all personally. I've never been to Innis tho.
Old 04-15-2011 at 08:27 PM   #20
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlchemistX View Post
I really dont understand how removing the laptop program will magically increase the amount of study space available. As mentioned above people are too damn lazy to look for places outside of the common areas. By the way, werent they already renovating Mills for study space before the survey?
This.

They blocked out the individual study spaces in first floor of mills after the first term - which, might I add, were deathly quiet and extremely convenient. I have no idea what they're up to.

Where is Innis, btw? Is it the one in the HSC building?
Old 04-15-2011 at 08:32 PM   #21
AmyLia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faer View Post
Where is Innis, btw? Is it the one in the HSC building?
Hthsci is in the HSC building.
Innis is in MoMac (IAHS).
Old 04-15-2011 at 08:40 PM   #22
Faer
Elite Member

Oh, Innis.

O_____O

It's scary. I went there once for an interview and..where the heck do you even SIT?! Up those weird stair things? (obviously, I mean there's another floor or something, and not sitting on the stairs...heh. The MoMac building feels like a foreign planet to me.)
Old 04-15-2011 at 08:42 PM   #23
AmyLia

Quote:
Oh, Innis.

O_____O

It's scary. I went there once for an interview and..where the heck do you even SIT?! Up those weird stair things? (obviously, I mean there's another floor or something, and not sitting on the stairs...heh. The MoMac building feels like a foreign planet to me.)

Lmao...I duno if we're talking about the same thing. The library is like an actual library (smaller than the others but existent nonetheless..).
The places in the hallways are not the Innis library lol. I believe there is an entrance to the library on the first floor.
Old 04-15-2011 at 08:43 PM   #24
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLia View Post
Hthsci is in the HSC building.
Innis is in MoMac (IAHS).
Innis isnt in MoMac. It's in KTH or somewhere over there. The one in IAHS is just a random Mohawk library I think
Old 04-15-2011 at 08:46 PM   #25
Faer
Elite Member

No, I'm talking about the library. It isn't small, but it wasn't packed full of tables and chairs like Mills, so I was uber confused, LOL.

There's a library in KTH? O_________O
Old 04-15-2011 at 09:28 PM   #26
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
No, I'm talking about the library. It isn't small, but it wasn't packed full of tables and chairs like Mills, so I was uber confused, LOL.

The library in KTH is Innis library... I believe it's the commerce library? not sure though but it's definitely Innis library in KTH. I've never been in it though.

Old 04-15-2011 at 09:34 PM   #27
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:

Innis is in KTH. You can get there by going up the stairs twice when you head towards the tank.
There's also a library in IAHS.
Old 04-16-2011 at 12:31 AM   #28
jajas
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 49 Times

I swear,one of these days I will flip ******* if I hear a **** face talking about about who got laid or who became single in the QUIET study areas in thode. The school should implement some sort of program where you get fined if you are being loud in a quiet space and then you won't have to worry about lack of funding and discontinue such a valuable program of laptop lending.
Old 04-16-2011 at 12:35 AM   #29
Faer
Elite Member

Haha, dunno about the quiet areas, but I remember during St. Patrick's day, Mill's first floor at the back, I was sitting and doing my work and this group of guys at the end of the table were making plans on going drinking, and trying to figure out how to get this one guy out of class or something (figuring out excuses).

It was funny, especially since I really see no fun in getting drunk...LOL...
Old 04-16-2011 at 09:32 AM   #30
AmyLia

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Innis is in KTH. You can get there by going up the stairs twice when you head towards the tank.
There's also a library in IAHS.

Oops, my bad...I always thought the IAHS one is Innis...I gota go check out this KTH thing then...