MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cell Phones lmasud Computers & Tech 12 01-26-2010 04:22 PM
Ontario Ban on Cell Phones lorend MacInsiders Announcements 36 10-26-2009 01:22 PM
Mac Sidewalk Sale/Cell Phones Krazy Sailor General Discussion 70 09-01-2009 01:39 AM
Laptops... laffand General Discussion 201 07-24-2009 10:38 PM
Battle of the Laptops Chad Technology 2 08-17-2007 11:17 PM

laptops and cell phones??

Old 09-08-2008 at 05:38 PM   #16
Maegs
Elite Member

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by __lexington View Post
Biggest downsides of bell:
1- no sim card; so if one were to switch service providers, oops, new phone! *grumble*
2- expensive since they trick you all the time!

Only good thing:
1- Really good service. (at least three bars in most places)
if you go with virgin or solo mobile they both use the bell network, so you should get the same reception as with bell (just without the extra expense that comes with bell)
Old 09-08-2008 at 06:18 PM   #17
Ken Torry

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maegs View Post
if you go with virgin or solo mobile they both use the bell network, so you should get the same reception as with bell (just without the extra expense that comes with bell)

No, not like that. Bell, Virgin and Telus uses TDMA. May be the same technology but not necessarily the same network (http://www.menasoft.com/blog/?p=22), That's another reason why they cannot offer SIM cards.
SIM cards can only be used with GSM technology mainly in Europe and with Rogers in Canada. Bell and Telus are trying to involve in GSM. Therefore, avoid buying them. Your phone could be obsolote in 3 years, otherwise.

-Ken
Old 09-08-2008 at 07:13 PM   #18
hamza7

Liked: 2 Times

Well I love Sony Erickson and Nokia, the W810i from SE is one of the best phones I have ever used, the battery last ridiculously a long amount of time, it's pretty cheap now and the camera is pretty good. There are a lot of things you can add on(ex. zoom lense and GPS) and it has a 4GB MP3 with very good head phones out of the box. I like to use advanced features like checking e-mail, having a schedule, a to-do list, Adobe reader, print things off it, edit word documents and things that I don't know how to use so I went the Nokia E65, if you like that and you have a bit of cash in your pocket go with the Nokia N82 it has built in everything and you can check some of the cool things it can do on youtube