MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone currently watching Highschool of the dead? xxsumz Anime & Comic Books 4 09-12-2010 11:31 AM
can a professor fail a large portion of the class? Bumchoda Academics 61 04-20-2010 11:31 PM

Large dead insects on campus

Old 08-15-2009 at 12:39 AM   #31
Sohaibb

Liked: 0 Times

Was it this?

Lol jk. But your post reminded me of Cloverfield the movie somehow.

And as for the bugs

Japanese Hornets - insane and definitely wouldnt want to see one.
June Bugs - so annoying, they always hit my window or cling onto the screen door.
Cicadas - i was thinking the exact same thing, but if its not that, then honestly i am not sure what it is.

BUT I went camping a few days ago and I saw these HUGE bugs that flew vertically like upwards like a Harrier and they had ENORMOUS curly antennas and kinda sounded like what you described. No idea what they are called, but they came out at night.

Last edited by Sohaibb : 08-15-2009 at 02:06 AM.
Old 08-15-2009 at 01:58 AM   #32
Moo!io

Liked: 21 Times

Ugh, Cloverfield...that movie made me want to vomit. Not because of the weird-looking creature that had a thing for chewing up people but because the camera work (if you can call it that) was just that horrible.

As for the bug you saw while camping Sohaibb, I hope we never see any of those down in this part of Ontario D:

{ don't stop the music }
Old 08-15-2009 at 10:52 AM   #33
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 93 Times

I love winter becuase there aren't any bugs in sight. It's something you look forward to after being eaten alive by mosquitoes during summer.
Old 08-15-2009 at 11:00 AM   #34
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Whoo parasitoids and other squirmy things.

You should've brought it to Marvin Gunderman. He would know for sure.

temara.brown likes this.
Old 08-15-2009 at 12:58 PM   #35
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

Even just describe it to him maybe? He'd probably be able to tell you a lot about whatever it might be.

This is the message he gave me:

"Hey TB. I need a picture or the specimen in hand. Reading the posts indicates that people's imaginations are in over-drive. I agree with the one poster; it's probably a cicada. We do have large European hornets here but cicadas are often confused with beetles so that's probably what it is. See you soon Temara,
da Bugster"

Last edited by temara.brown : 08-15-2009 at 07:33 PM.

feonateresa, Taunton like this.
Old 08-16-2009 at 09:41 AM   #36
daisy

Liked: 51 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
Nope!

June bugs are...June bugs. They come out in May/June and attack me when I'm at my parents house. They're also much smaller than a cicada.
Getting "hit" by a June bug hurts! LOL! They're harmless, but I hate them They're just too big and unpredictable!
Old 08-16-2009 at 11:21 AM   #37
HeatherH
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 10 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by temara.brown View Post
Even just describe it to him maybe? He'd probably be able to tell you a lot about whatever it might be.

This is the message he gave me:

"Hey TB. I need a picture or the specimen in hand. Reading the posts indicates that people's imaginations are in over-drive. I agree with the one poster; it's probably a cicada. We do have large European hornets here but cicadas are often confused with beetles so that's probably what it is. See you soon Temara,
da Bugster"
I'll definately whip out my cell and take a picture next time I see one. I wish I could describe it better :(