MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
last minute help !!!! ruby101 Academics 9 09-11-2010 07:53 AM
Last minute help for life sci urbski First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 08-02-2010 11:06 AM
Mac in A Minute Chad MacInsiders Announcements 4 03-31-2010 03:35 PM
Latest Mac In A Minute - Feb 24 Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-18-2010 12:26 AM
Mac In A Minute Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 12-04-2009 04:04 PM

last minute help for GO transit!

Old 09-04-2010 at 02:18 PM   #1
littleluzer

Liked: 0 Times

last minute help for GO transit!
going to mcmaster tomorrow for move in day! excited but at the same time i have a question about direction

i live in toronto, so if take the go train/bus, i have to get on union station to mcaster go bus terminal, as you can see, i know where im going, but i dont know which bus/train (the number) to take, it become an even bigger problem cuz tomorrow is sunday, so the schedule is different
also, do i need to book a ticket in advance? i dont want to find out tomorrow that they dont have any seats left.

please help me, i dont want the link to the go transit website, becuz i have it, just explain to me using your word would be very helpful, thank you very much!!
Old 09-04-2010 at 02:24 PM   #2
SilverHawley

Liked: 8 Times

You can purchase a ticket at the station; don't worry about them running out of room.

Take the train from Union Station to Oakville GO. Get off at Oakville GO and you can take the 47 GO bus to McMaster.

I'm taking around the same route, and this is the conclusion I've found. (Someone feel free to correct me, as I don't know as much about the GO routes either)

When you buy your ticket, you can ask the workers there for directions as well ^^

littleluzer says thanks to SilverHawley for this post.

littleluzer likes this.
Old 09-04-2010 at 02:27 PM   #3
jin09

Liked: 1 Time

the bus you take from union is lakeshore west. you can't book tickets in advance and there's really no need to. the trip will be a little over an hour so just go to union ahead of time and when you buy a ticket they can help you find the track and all that. you'll probably take a train and then have to transfer to a bus at either burlington or aldershot go. just follow the crowd outside and get on the go bus that says mcmaster terminal. if you're lucky there might be a bus direct to mac from union though.
if you're looking for more specific times on the go transit website click on schedules & maps and then schedules. there will be a chart for sunday times and you're looking at the lakeshore west one.

good luck and have fun at mac tomorrow!!!!

littleluzer says thanks to jin09 for this post.

littleluzer likes this.
Old 09-04-2010 at 02:30 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleluzer View Post
going to mcmaster tomorrow for move in day! excited but at the same time i have a question about direction

i live in toronto, so if take the go train/bus, i have to get on union station to mcaster go bus terminal, as you can see, i know where im going, but i dont know which bus/train (the number) to take, it become an even bigger problem cuz tomorrow is sunday, so the schedule is different
also, do i need to book a ticket in advance? i dont want to find out tomorrow that they dont have any seats left.

please help me, i dont want the link to the go transit website, becuz i have it, just explain to me using your word would be very helpful, thank you very much!!
No need to book a ticket in advance. The bus you take is the 16. When you get to the GO Transit Station, you'll see a bunch of TV screens that tell you what the upcoming buses and trains are. One of them will say QEW Hamilton. That's the bus you take, it comes every 30 minutes. You can either stay in the station and wait for the number to come up or you can go straight to the bus terminal and they will announce it there (but you can also see it on the screens there).

The stop you get off at is the first stop, which is Columbia College (It's actually Main & Longwood but they always say Columbia College or even McMaster University). Then when you get off the bus you walk towards the right (opposite direction of where the bus is going to be going). McMaster is like a 10-15 minute walk from there and is on your right hand side.

No need to buy a ticket in advance, you can purchase tickets at the GO Station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jin09 View Post
the bus you take from union is lakeshore west. you can't book tickets in advance and there's really no need to. the trip will be a little over an hour so just go to union ahead of time and when you buy a ticket they can help you find the track and all that. you'll probably take a train and then have to transfer to a bus at either burlington or aldershot go. just follow the crowd outside and get on the go bus that says mcmaster terminal. if you're lucky there might be a bus direct to mac from union though.
if you're looking for more specific times on the go transit website click on schedules & maps and then schedules. there will be a chart for sunday times and you're looking at the lakeshore west one.

good luck and have fun at mac tomorrow!!!!
Unfortunately no such bus exists from Union Station.

This is another way of getting to McMaster if you don't mind transferring. The bus will stop right in McMaster's GO Terminal.

littleluzer says thanks to jhan523 for this post.

littleluzer likes this.