MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it too late for acceptance? amare First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 05-27-2010 12:32 AM
Too late to apply? armiebaby First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 05-09-2010 05:09 PM
Late Applications? stevennevets First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 03-16-2009 09:37 AM
It's Late!! ishk33 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-29-2008 12:14 AM
Late Registration Hiraiyomi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-21-2008 09:42 AM

To late for admission?

Old 05-24-2008 at 09:31 PM   #1
Leraison

Liked: 0 Times

To late for admission?
Hey guys,

Recently, I've been considering Macs Social Science program but I need to know if its too late to apply.. is there any way I can be considered right now?

Thanks
Old 05-24-2008 at 11:18 PM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Did you apply for it on OUAC before?

Did you apply to another Mac program?

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-25-2008 at 11:01 AM   #3
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

If you already applied on OUAC for mac and got accepted and now want to change the program then I believe its a bit late now. However, you can always switch into the program once you come to mac... (ie switch in second year)
Old 05-25-2008 at 12:55 PM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

I am not positive, but you may be able to apply to Mac for second term admission. You would need to contact the office of the Registrar for that though.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-25-2008 at 09:27 PM   #5
troth

I actually applied 3 days ago and got accepted Friday, If you have already applied to one program at Mac, then all your files are with them and they can offer you addmision easily.

I talked to them and they said it takes 2/3 weeks cause you need all your files and marks sent to them, so if you havent applied to mac yet, thats how long you should wait.
Old 05-25-2008 at 09:42 PM   #6
Leraison

thanks SOOO much troth!! i was looking for an answer like that =) did you apply through ouac?
Old 05-25-2008 at 09:44 PM   #7
troth

Yea i applied to Commerce and didnt get in, so i applied for economics, but the cutoff for economics was 75% and i have an 80% so they accepted me pretty quick.

I deleted my offer for laurier and added social science ; economics and it didnt charge me.
Old 05-25-2008 at 09:48 PM   #8
Leraison

oh you're amazing =)
Old 05-26-2008 at 12:24 AM   #9
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Well that's great news if you can change programs once you've already been accepted into a different one. Learn something new each day.

Hopefully you'll be able to make the switch then Leraison! Let us know how it goes, keep us posted