MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Start of Leafs season reeves General Discussion 46 10-16-2010 07:27 PM
Leafs Pre-Season Talk Infinity General Discussion 44 10-01-2009 12:44 PM
Marauder football home opener Sept 7th!! dabulls General Discussion 4 08-22-2009 09:44 PM
McMaster Football Home Opener - Saturday Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-11-2008 09:19 AM
McMaster Football Home Opener Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 09-07-2008 11:44 AM

Leafs Season Opener!!

Old 10-01-2009 at 10:05 PM   #31
ice8

Liked: 33 Times

The difference in the game was honestly the goalies. Leafs outplayed and outshot the Habs, but Price kept you guys in the game. Toskala (once again) was mediocre and let in a bad goal (2nd one), and had horrible rebound control. I can see him losing his position to the Jonas Gustavsson.

Once RW finally starts putting in Gus (even though I havent seen much besides the preseason where he didnt let 1 goal in), leafs should perform better.

O and Mike Komaisarek was ridiculous with the penalities (5 minor and 1 major!) ) thats horrible. Apparently, RW was aware that this was going to happen. Lastly, Scott Gomez looked like a floater out there.
Old 10-01-2009 at 10:05 PM   #32
Alireza

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Because it's so hard to actually just type out my username. Because it wasn't actually shorter than the one you used or anything. -claps slowly-

-Everything- is a fluke win to you Leaf fans. All you have to do is lurk the posts on every other damn hockey thread on here. Even if the leafs DIDN'T outshoot them, you'd (as in the crazed fans) would still have an excuse.

I don't watch sports. Why do people keep suggesting to me that I do? I haven't for the past 19 years, I'm not going to start now. Unless I win box seats, like I did last year. Free food is always a good selling point.
I couldnt care less about what you thought of leafs fans since you dont even watch hockey, but yea to the Habs fans enjoy your win, we'll see you again soon
Old 10-01-2009 at 10:07 PM   #33
Alireza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew K View Post
lol nice song, ahh well cant blame those small town folks for hating on Toronto
Old 10-01-2009 at 10:08 PM   #34
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alireza View Post
I couldnt care less about what you thought of leafs fans since you dont even watch hockey, but yea to the Habs fans enjoy your win, we'll see you again soon
You cared enough to comment.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-01-2009 at 10:10 PM   #35
Alireza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice8 View Post
The difference in the game was honestly the goalies. Leafs outplayed and outshot the Habs, but Price kept you guys in the game. Toskala (once again) was mediocre and let in a bad goal (2nd one), and had horrible rebound control. I can see him losing his position to the Jonas Gustavsson.

Once RW finally starts putting in Gus (even though I havent seen much besides the preseason where he didnt let 1 goal in), leafs should perform better.

O and Mike Komaisarek was ridiculous with the penalities (5 minor and 1 major!) ) thats horrible. Apparently, RW was aware that this was going to happen. Lastly, Scott Gomez looked like a floater out there.
yea I agree with most of your points, they've got a bit of adjusting to do, but I can see good potential with this team, not stanley cup material but I think they can sneak into the playoffs
Old 10-01-2009 at 10:44 PM   #36
chappy89

Liked: 149 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew K View Post
It's because they're Leafs fans. They think Toronto is the centre of the Hockey Universe.
it is... fyi

why do you think they have the hockey hall of fame there? why do you think that MLSE hockey sector account for nearly half the leagues profit'?
Old 10-01-2009 at 10:45 PM   #37
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy89 View Post
it is... fyi

why do you think they have the hockey hall of fame there? why do you think that MLSE hockey sector account for nearly half the leagues profit'?
Because Toronto is the biggest city in Canada?

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-01-2009 at 10:48 PM   #38
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy89 View Post
it is... fyi

Actually it isn't... historically, Montreal is FAR more significant than Toronto.
Old 10-02-2009 at 01:11 AM   #39
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 90 Times

okay so they lost in OT. They still have a really strong team. You saw some of their skill and talent and there is only more to come.

So many of you hate the leafs.. okay they might not have won in a very long time... but one day that time will come. Most of us grew up watching the leafs and there was a time that they came close.. not once but twice. Toronto is hockey town.... its where hockey thrives... I really don't know why they call detriot hockey town.. that title goes to leafs. Leafs make half a billion dollars every year... thats more than any other NHL team. We support the leafs no matter how bad they are.

anyways... GO LEAFS GO!
Old 10-02-2009 at 02:07 AM   #40
ice8

Liked: 33 Times

hey atleast we dont feel to do riots if our team loses inthe playoffs. (*cough* montreal)
Old 10-02-2009 at 09:57 AM   #41
kenneth526
Elite Member

Liked: 41 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alireza View Post
this was a fluke win because the Leafs out played the Habs pretty much in the whole game and outshot them by 20 shots
You're right, Price outplayed Toskala significantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice8 View Post
hey atleast we dont feel to do riots if our team loses inthe playoffs. (*cough* montreal)
Please don't generalize an entire city of fan base based on the idiocy of a select few.

Taunton says thanks to kenneth526 for this post.

Taunton likes this.
Old 10-02-2009 at 10:48 PM   #42
Joseph

Liked: 132 Times

I think the Leafs played great. Yes, the defense was a little shaky, but it was nice to see them laying out the body and being overall physical. However, I don’t think the defense wasn’t playing as tough in front of Toskala. Toskala was on the receiving end of scrums too many times. If he gets bounced around like that every night, he will be exhausted by the end of the year. It will take a month or so to see where the Leafs fall in but considering last night’s game, I liked their powerplay and unfortunately their penalty kill wasn’t great. I think Stajan and Blake are playing well. Stalberg is just amazing. His presence was definitely noticeable; he had a great forecheck. Grabovski was lightly disappointing and his backcheck was poor.

The Leafs aren’t going to win every night. Last night, they ran into a goaltender that had a great night. It all came down to Gionta’s line. I think Cammilleri was amazing. He’s fast, and just full of energy. He basically scored the OT winner. In my opinion, The Monster's capabilities will determine if this team makes it to the playoffs.