MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Daily game Oct 01 : Legend of JOHNNY Chad Daily Game 0 10-01-2011 04:14 AM
Daily game Mar 01 : Legend of the Gold Robot Chad Daily Game 0 03-01-2011 04:18 AM
iPhone or HTC Legend UNLOCKED blackdragon Computers & Tech 29 07-05-2010 05:42 PM

The Legend of Korra

Old 06-23-2012 at 01:34 PM   #46
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times

Waiting for a 720p version to get released, and I'm sure it'll be epic.
Old 06-24-2012 at 12:10 AM   #47
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrickWall View Post
Waiting for a 720p version to get released, and I'm sure it'll be epic.
Me too! Totally worth the few hours wait for the up in quality.
Old 06-24-2012 at 01:09 AM   #48
x_hikari

Liked: 14 Times

there's already a 720p torrent that was out almost 8 hours ago!!!
GOOOOO, IT WAS AMAZING
been keyboard smashing for the past hour, words can't even describe all my feelings right now
Old 06-24-2012 at 02:39 AM   #49
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

Dude, IT WAS SO GOOD! I loved all the characters and everything that happened.
Spoilers: BUMI WAS SO AWESOME. AND NAOTOK. And the sequence in which Tarrlok blew them both up. And when Aang restored Korra's bending and she went into the Avatar State. That was all so brilliant. Oh, not to mention Iroh.
Old 06-24-2012 at 10:18 AM   #50
Yogurt

Liked: 237 Times

Hooly **** that was amazing! Literally...I can't find words, but that, that was Avatar. Such a fantastic episode! I found the first and second episode were the best – amazing character and plot development and I really, really got attached to the music and art and environments, but I was slowly losing hope as the season progressed as I find they were losing focus and direction, and the plot seemed disjointed.

Then the finale, oh god the finale. Amazing job Mike and Bryan, and The Track Team. It all pulled everything together so incredibly, incredibly well.
Old 06-24-2012 at 08:17 PM   #51
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Was pretty good.

Spoilers below:

best part; tarlock's glove supermove.
second best: Bumi. lololololol

worst; People who weren't Korra getting their bending back. It was better with the tragedy.
second worst; iroh totally sucking. Did he win -ANY- fights?
Old 06-24-2012 at 08:33 PM   #52
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Spoiler:
IT was awesome! The avatar state and everything. It seemed like a series finale though, as opposed to just the season.
Old 06-24-2012 at 08:41 PM   #53
Yogurt

Quote:
Spoiler:
IT was awesome! The avatar state and everything. It seemed like a series finale though, as opposed to just the season.
Both seasons' plots are not connected.
Old 06-25-2012 at 03:47 AM   #54
Faer
Elite Member

It was because Nick only green-lighted the first season in the beginning, and the second season only later, so they ended the arc in the first season. Which is disappointing, because the story played out brilliantly in Avatar: The Last Airbender, and if the amount of story told in this season had been split over two (or three), I can't imagine how much better it would've been.

Spoilers: I loved Bumi! I really hope we see more of him in Book 2. And Iroh. I think Asami and Bolin both got the short end of the stick in this season (especially Bolin!)...they really need to rectify that. And redeem Mako, a little.
Old 06-25-2012 at 01:13 PM   #55
Twelve Chars

Liked: 318 Times

Wasn't Avatar a kids' show? How old are you guys?
Old 06-25-2012 at 01:34 PM   #56
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelve Chars View Post
Wasn't Avatar a kids' show? How old are you guys?
Avatar has much more mature themes, and so does The Legend of Korra.
Old 06-25-2012 at 02:13 PM   #57
Yogurt

Quote:
Avatar has much more mature themes, and so does The Legend of Korra.
Wow, you actually took the time to respond to him? Props.

Anyways, since I'm already commenting...

Quote:
Wasn't Avatar a kids' show?
If you want it to be, I guess. But I guess it says a something about you if you have to primarily classify a show based on age bracket rather than its quality and what its actually about. If it's a kids show that gathers more views in the 18-35 age bracket than many other "adult shows", is it still considered a kids show?

Quote:
How old are you guys?
About your age, give or take.

britb likes this.
Old 06-25-2012 at 03:55 PM   #58
Twelve Chars

Liked: 318 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogurt View Post
If you want it to be, I guess. But I guess it says a something about you if you have to primarily classify a show based on age bracket rather than its quality and what its actually about. If it's a kids show that gathers more views in the 18-35 age bracket than many other "adult shows", is it still considered a kids show?
If a children's show is popular among older audiences does it mean it's no longer a children's show? To me that sounds like an extension of the "it's good because it's popular" argument, and you don't need to look far to see how bunk that argument is.

Rather, I want to know about a show's "quality and what its actually about", as you put it. What about the show makes you think it transcends its target demographic and makes it worth watching for people of our age?
Old 06-25-2012 at 04:16 PM   #59
Faer
Elite Member

The story actually progresses, the characters develop and change, and (especially towards the end) the visuals are AMAZING. And that's all about Avatar, btw. What struck me the most about this show was that it could be WATCHED as one. Usually 'cartoons' are just gag-episodes, watch 'em out of order and it doesn't matter. But this had a storyline. And then the characters grow up and change and learn.

I'm far less eloquent than I'd like to be, really. But that's my take on it.

Yogurt likes this.
Old 06-25-2012 at 05:01 PM   #60
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

One should also note instead of an evil bad guy, we have an extremist with a backstory that at least explains why he is the way he is. We also have "good" guys who are extremists (Tarlock), and good guys who are pretty unheroic in a number of instances (Mako, srsy bro).

We have some pretty complex ideas running around, and some dark content (boatbending, bloodbending...) that shouldn't be on a "kids show."

Anyway, shades of grey.

Faer, Yogurt like this.