MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are assignments in progress marked? JayT First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 10-11-2010 10:16 AM
MacInsiders Server Optimization In Progress Chad MacInsiders Announcements 7 09-12-2010 07:31 PM

'Level 1 Academic Progress' email?

Old 10-28-2011 at 06:29 PM   #1
john1993

Liked: 8 Times

'Level 1 Academic Progress' email?
Hi,
I recently got this email saying I have to go meet the Academic Counselor. I am kinda nervous does anyone know what they will be asking or anything?. I booked an appointment but I am nervous.

"Hello john
I have received some of your early test results and I am concerned about your academic progress."

Thank you
Please help.
Old 10-28-2011 at 06:47 PM   #2
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

no idea... but probably just if anything is going on that is preventing you from excelling in school... and they might give you some pointers

john1993 likes this.
Old 10-28-2011 at 09:54 PM   #3
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

basically it means that if you keep on the course your on, you wont pass or remain in your program (i think you need at least a 4 gpa to stay in many programs). not sure exactly what they will talk about, but its not like they are kicking you out, its just to help make sure you improve your grades to stay in your program

john1993 likes this.
Old 10-28-2011 at 11:59 PM   #4
zorattiMatt

Liked: 1 Time

I felt the exact same as you did, this time last year.

I had just got my Math 1ZA3 test mark back and I had either failed, or barely passed (one of the two) - it was rough! I get this e-mail, and book this appointment with Sally Williams. She was really nice, asked my how my year has been going, we talked for a few minutes. She told me that the whole point of the meeting was to remind me of the seriousness of passing, and doing the best I could. I struggled through math in high school and my midterm mark didn't really surprise me, and I told Sally and she understood. It isn't anything to be scared of! They just want to get a face to the marks, and know that you're committed to doing better. Their job is to help us!

tl;dr... I was in the same position, don't worry!

john1993 says thanks to zorattiMatt for this post.

john1993 likes this.
Old 10-29-2011 at 09:38 AM   #5
lux

Liked: 318 Times

john1993 likes this.
Old 10-29-2011 at 09:58 AM   #6
john1993

Liked: 8 Times

Thank you,
I feel much better
Old 10-29-2011 at 02:44 PM   #7
chantelpim