MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
life sci level 2 program Chevalier Academics 7 03-03-2011 06:49 PM
Level 2 Program Question changturkey First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 02-11-2011 05:37 PM
level 2 program? jasminexo General Discussion 1 05-12-2009 08:30 PM
Level II program selection SugarySnack Academics 4 04-13-2009 01:40 AM
Switching Level I Program jag6232 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 06-24-2008 10:33 PM

Level 2 program

Old 04-20-2012 at 03:42 PM   #1
houstatlanta

Liked: 1 Time

Level 2 program
Is it true that when applying for programs you do not need to use one of your choices on a non limited enrolment program like honours life sci because you can just be put into the program if you don't get into any of your four choices?

Also I know that if you don't achieve the required CA for a program you just shadow the program until you can raise your average but what if you have the required CA but you didn't get a certain average for one of the classes? In my case its honours chem but i feel like i may come up a bit short of the required average for both chem 1A03 and 1AA3 even though i will finish well above the 6 average required to get in. Would i still have to just shadow the program in second year?
Old 04-20-2012 at 05:38 PM   #2
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstatlanta View Post
Is it true that when applying for programs you do not need to use one of your choices on a non limited enrolment program like honours life sci because you can just be put into the program if you don't get into any of your four choices?

Also I know that if you don't achieve the required CA for a program you just shadow the program until you can raise your average but what if you have the required CA but you didn't get a certain average for one of the classes? In my case its honours chem but i feel like i may come up a bit short of the required average for both chem 1A03 and 1AA3 even though i will finish well above the 6 average required to get in. Would i still have to just shadow the program in second year?
Yes, there's no need to apply directly to life sci as long as you have the prereqs.
For your second question, you should ask an academic advisor, but getting into the program you want isn't guaranteed. If you don't meet the minimum grade requirements for chem1A03+1AA3 it's unlikely they'll let you in to the program unless you take upper year chem courses and do really well in them. Honours chem obviously involves a great deal of chemistry courses, and they want to make sure someone entering the program has done well in first year chemistry, since it forms the basis of pretty much everything else.

houstatlanta says thanks to nerual for this post.