MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pick Your Level 2 Program? Crzyrio First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 03-31-2010 12:59 PM
When do we pick our level II program? Chris094 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 01-05-2010 10:20 PM
level 2 program? jasminexo General Discussion 1 05-12-2009 08:30 PM
Applying to Level II program sad cypress First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 08-15-2008 09:54 AM
Switching Level I Program jag6232 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 06-24-2008 10:33 PM

level 2 program cutoffs

Old 02-24-2011 at 11:25 AM   #1
bubblegum3
Account Disabled by User

Liked: Liked 2 Times

level 2 program cutoffs
hi,

i am just trying to find what the cutoffs were for science programs level 2 last year? I'm getting all 8s and 9s and im hoping to get into biopsych or honours bio

also, chem is a prerequisite for every course and I'm planning on taking it in the summer at another university.

It says you need a min 7.0 in both chems..and since the avg from another school isnt counted towards our gpa at mac, would i be jeopardized by not taking it at mac?

thankss

ps. has anyone transfered to health sci level 2? I heard they only take about 20 transfers, how high did the cutoff go for that?
Old 02-24-2011 at 11:44 AM   #2
brendanp

Liked: 26 Times

i don't think you should have a problem getting in to honours bio, although you should ask an academic advisor about the chem requirement. as for transferring to health sci, i doubt you'll get in because minimum average is 9, but in reality you probably need much higher. http://fhsweb.csu.mcmaster.c a/bhsc...onslevel2.html
Old 02-24-2011 at 12:15 PM   #3
terrafirma

Liked: 48 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblegum3 View Post
ps. has anyone transfered to health sci level 2? I heard they only take about 20 transfers, how high did the cutoff go for that?
Once you have a 9.5 average, they look only at your supplementary application. It's more competitive than getting in first year (several hundred people apply from different universities and there are usually about 20 spots or less).

http://bhsc.mcmaster.ca/supp2/
Old 02-24-2011 at 12:45 PM   #4
karna

Liked: 28 Times

for biopsych the cutoff is 6 i guess but u will need minimum of 9 in both psychs (1x03 and 1xx3)
Old 02-24-2011 at 01:35 PM   #5
Biochem47
Elite Member

Liked: 73 Times

Go into the academic office, they have a list up there beside the secretary's desk.

Off the top of my head....Biology requires a 7.8, Biochem 8.7, Biomath 7.8, Chembio was a 9.something...

I would assume that Biopsych be ATLEAST a 7.8 because of the bio-component... (thats why they told me biomath was 7.8...they were a little surprised).

BTW --what school are you taking chem at? Is there a reason you are taking it somewhere else?

justinsftw says thanks to Biochem47 for this post.

RememberTwce likes this.
Old 02-24-2011 at 09:25 PM   #6
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biochem47 View Post
Go into the academic office, they have a list up there beside the secretary's desk.

Off the top of my head....Biology requires a 7.8, Biochem 8.7, Biomath 7.8, Chembio was a 9.something...

I would assume that Biopsych be ATLEAST a 7.8 because of the bio-component... (thats why they told me biomath was 7.8...they were a little surprised).

BTW --what school are you taking chem at? Is there a reason you are taking it somewhere else?
Which office do you speak of?
Old 02-24-2011 at 10:36 PM   #7
Biochem47
Elite Member

Liked: 73 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTwce View Post
Which office do you speak of?
The one in BSB, with the academic advisers

A good thing to do is to go in and speak with one of the advisers they are all really good. They have walk-ins everyday from, I believe, 1:00-3:00PM.
Old 02-24-2011 at 10:39 PM   #8
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biochem47 View Post
The one in BSB, with the academic advisers

A good thing to do is to go in and speak with one of the advisers they are all really good. They have walk-ins everyday from, I believe, 1:00-3:00PM.
Good to know. Thanks