MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pick Your Level 2 Program? Crzyrio First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 03-31-2010 12:59 PM
When do we pick our level II program? Chris094 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 01-05-2010 10:20 PM
level 2 program? jasminexo General Discussion 1 05-12-2009 08:30 PM
Applying to Level II program sad cypress First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 08-15-2008 09:54 AM
Switching Level I Program jag6232 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 06-24-2008 10:33 PM

Level II Program Fair

Old 01-23-2010 at 07:41 PM   #1
Zeehan

Liked: 0 Times

Level II Program Fair
From what I understand, there will be a day designated for students to learn more about Level II programs by going to various booths etc. What is the date of this event? Will students be using SOLAR when selecting their four program options for Level II? When is the registration date? Will this date differ from students who want to transfer to another faculty? Where can all this kind of information be found in the McMaster website?

Sorry for so many questions, it would be great if someone could clarify them for me

Thanks in advance!!
Old 01-23-2010 at 09:15 PM   #2
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

I'm not sure about the date for the fair, but you will be selecting the four choices on SOLAR for sure. This will happen in March, and you'll get an e-mail with the exact dates. You get like a three week period in which you can choose your preferences.

If you want to transfer to another faculty, it's probably best to talk to an academic advisor just to make sure everything is okay. I switched from social science to humanities, and that was easy enough, but other switches can be different. The registration date for those who want to switch faculties isn't different though I don't think.

I've never seen this info on Mac's website, but I'll look and see. :]
Old 01-23-2010 at 11:29 PM   #3
marieeeeeee

Liked: 26 Times

I know Humanities has level II program fairs, I don't remember if the other faculties do the same thing. I know they're usually before program selection starts.
Old 01-24-2010 at 12:30 PM   #4
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

Science does for sure, but I don't remember when they held it. Probably sometime closer to the program selection date. March maybe? I think they send a mass email to all the first year students in science when they figure out a date/time/place.
Old 01-25-2010 at 03:06 PM   #5
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

I know Engineering's got one sometime in March. It was held in Thode last year, not sure if it is every year.

I just checked my inbox and I couldn't find any reminder emails, but word should go around somehow. Your profs might talk about it or something.