MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Level 2 courses as Level 1 Electives kakarot First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 03-06-2014 09:42 AM
Level 4 Social Sci Registration Sept.2013 aam18 Academics 1 06-02-2013 10:36 PM
Level 4 Social Sci Registration Sept.2013 aam18 Automotive & Transportation 0 06-02-2013 09:12 PM
Level 1 vs. Level 2 courses in SPRING/SUMMER term maki Academics 6 03-21-2011 11:55 AM

Level II Registration

Old 06-09-2014 at 01:17 PM   #1
Kosta29

Liked: 0 Times

Level II Registration
Hello,

I am going into second year (planning to go into a combined honours english and history program) and I am a little confused about how to plan courses. I received an email stating that "When you enter SOLAR, you will first confirm your program and then move into selecting courses. Once you have begun registration please consult your Degree Audit (available via MUGSI) to check your program requirements. The degree audit will track your courses and show you how they fit into your program." The problems I have are that 1. How can I plan which certain courses to take if I don't know exactly how many units I need to 'major' in that course?, and 2. When I go onto MUGSI and click Degree Audit this appears (screenshot attached). Do I have to wait until registration to see the Degree Audit or can I just click submit and hopefully it will tell me which courses to take etc? I just do not want to mess anything up.

Cheers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2014-06-09 at 2.15.55 PM.jpg (14.5 KB, 13 views)
Old 06-09-2014 at 03:00 PM   #2
wonderstruck

Liked: 4 Times

Well if you want to know what you need for your combined you need to wait until its selected in solar. If you go into your degree audit now it will only show what you have and what you need for humanities.
If you check the course calendar which can be found on macs website. You will need to go between english and history to find out exactly how many units of each and how many electives you need.
You have to submit from that screen its the only way to get into your degree audit.
It will show you all the level 1 that you have taken and how many are required for each but again because you haven't selected your program it won't show you specifics.

Combined Honours BA in English and Another Subject: Honours English can be combined with most Humanities and Social Sciences programs. Such combinations as English and History and English and French are popular, but students have also fruitfully combined English and Gerontology, English and Women's Studies, and English and Computer Science. As a rule, you will take 9 units of each subject each year. Combined Honours students take 2 Level IV seminars (6 units) in their final year.
Old 06-09-2014 at 03:59 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosta29 View Post
Hello,
The problems I have are that 1. How can I plan which certain courses to take if I don't know exactly how many units I need to 'major' in that course?, and 2. When I go onto MUGSI and click Degree Audit this appears (screenshot attached). Do I have to wait until registration to see the Degree Audit or can I just click submit and hopefully it will tell me which courses to take etc? I just do not want to mess anything up.

Cheers.
1. Course calendar

2. Yes, it can't tell you what you need if it doesn't know that you're registered in it. Again, this is just a double check - see #1.
Old 06-09-2014 at 06:08 PM   #4
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Look up your degree and find course calendar. It will list what order you should be taking them, the degree is just a compilation of everything