MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McWork Link Confusion TMBGiants Volunteering Opportunities 2 03-06-2010 07:01 PM
Learn Link syaseen General Discussion 3 07-26-2009 10:03 PM
Hey chris! heres the link for wow lol Omas Gaming 0 11-23-2008 03:06 PM
What is wrong with the timetable link Rob Mac First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-10-2008 09:58 PM
Link Roundup - Useful Links At McMaster Chad First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 07-30-2008 11:52 AM

Lg Rumor 2 vs Samsung Link

Old 09-03-2009 at 12:54 AM   #31
LBJ.MVP

Liked: 16 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
lol, ya, jailbreaking was the first thing I did. It still doesn't help the fact though that the iPhone cannot sync with anything but iTunes *sigh*.

there is a way around that you know.
Old 09-03-2009 at 12:54 AM   #32
fasailuddin
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 47 Times

Quote:
EW! Windows Mobile, although it is good for software support, is a terrible operating system. That's what's on my older Axim x50v device. I've never seen it run on a system without either lagging or freezing from time to time.

Come to think of it though; Windows Mobile 2000 was nice and pretty responsive, 2003 SE pretty meh with the occasional freezing, 2005 absolute garbage, and '6' slightly better.

Luckily, someone is hacking Android onto the x50v's, so I look forward to trying that when software support gets better.
have you tried Touchflo, its amazing and because the X1 has a 600mhz processor theres no lag at all. The rom im running is running WM 6.5 its not fully released yet but let me assure you it definitely doesnt lag and is one of the most intuitive UI's ive seen. Ive also played around with android its ok but the expandability is no where near WM
Old 09-03-2009 at 01:14 AM   #33
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasailuddin View Post
have you tried Touchflo, its amazing and because the X1 has a 600mhz processor theres no lag at all. The rom im running is running WM 6.5 its not fully released yet but let me assure you it definitely doesnt lag and is one of the most intuitive UI's ive seen. Ive also played around with android its ok but the expandability is no where near WM
Well, most of my experience with Windows Mobile was on the x50v and the HTC Touch, both of which ran pretty bad. The x50v has a 633 Mhz processor along with a separate accelerated video processor; so I guess the real blame is Dell who did a horrible job at writing proper drivers and stuff. Someone did hack windows mobile 6 onto the x50v though, and like I said, it ran better. Perhaps Microsoft is learning from their mistakes now? :p

Last edited by Ownaginatios : 09-03-2009 at 01:21 AM.
Old 09-03-2009 at 01:19 AM   #34
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ.MVP View Post
there is a way around that you know.
If you can send me a link to that, I'd much appreciate it. I'm going to assume it's probably old information though that related to the 2.X firmware.

I've researched this problem for a long time, and apparently Apple recently decided to redo the whole database structure in the iPhone and iPod Touch in the 3.X firmware, which has prevented other applications than iTunes from syncing with it. I'm going to have to wait until someone rewrites the syncing libraries I guess.

Really annoying of Apple to do this, considering next to none of their clients are actually trying to get around using iTunes. What can you expect from one of the most arrogant companies ever though :p
Old 09-03-2009 at 09:46 AM   #35
LBJ.MVP

Quote:
If you can send me a link to that, I'd much appreciate it. I'm going to assume it's probably old information though that related to the 2.X firmware.

I've researched this problem for a long time, and apparently Apple recently decided to redo the whole database structure in the iPhone and iPod Touch in the 3.X firmware, which has prevented other applications than iTunes from syncing with it. I'm going to have to wait until someone rewrites the syncing libraries I guess.

Really annoying of Apple to do this, considering next to none of their clients are actually trying to get around using iTunes. What can you expect from one of the most arrogant companies ever though :p
try dtunes, its really works. its like limewire for ur iphone without the crap. u can get via cydia.

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news/332221-dtunes-like-itunes-but-free.html.

Last edited by LBJ.MVP : 09-03-2009 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-03-2009 at 10:55 AM   #36
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
try dtunes, its really works. its like limewire for ur iphone without the crap. u can get via cydia.

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news/332221-dtunes-like-itunes-but-free.html.
dTunes is a start, but it's still missing a lot of the functionality that the built in iPod application has. PwnPlayer is the best attempt I've seen so far, but it appears that it has fallen out of development.
Old 09-03-2009 at 11:37 AM   #37
LBJ.MVP

Quote:
dTunes is a start, but it's still missing a lot of the functionality that the built in iPod application has. PwnPlayer is the best attempt I've seen so far, but it appears that it has fallen out of development.
Have u tried GTKPOD? its specifically made for linux.

http://www.gtkpod.org/about.html

This is prolly ur best bet.

Old 09-03-2009 at 12:00 PM   #38
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Have u tried GTKPOD? its specifically made for linux.

http://www.gtkpod.org/about.html

This is prolly ur best bet.
Ya, I have. Unfortunately the libraries it uses haven't been updated to deal with the database restructuring in the 3.X firmware. So basically, I have to wait until someone decides to fix that, which is annoying.

Worst case scenario; I'll attempt to learn Objective C and write my own music application for the iPhone :p.
Old 09-03-2009 at 12:47 PM   #39
LBJ.MVP

Quote:
Ya, I have. Unfortunately the libraries it uses haven't been updated to deal with the database restructuring in the 3.X firmware. So basically, I have to wait until someone decides to fix that, which is annoying.

Worst case scenario; I'll attempt to learn Objective C and write my own music application for the iPhone :p.
good luck.