BIO 2B03 vs. LIFE SCI 2B03 The MACster Academics 1 06-15-2010 03:52 AM
Life Sci 2B03 vs. Life Sci 2C03 Black.Mamba Academics 7 06-13-2010 11:02 PM

Life Sci 2b03

Old 08-25-2009 at 01:37 PM   #1
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 90 Times

Life Sci 2b03
okay i really need this course and its full along with bio 2b03 which is a cross listed course. Who do I contact for these life science courses? I have the department sheet but Life Science isn't on there. Anyone have luck getting in? And one my freinds came up with a wild story about how he needs the course and they opened a seat for him, this happen to anyone else?
Old 08-25-2009 at 01:39 PM   #2
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelp View Post
okay i really need this course and its full along with bio 2b03 which is a cross listed course. Who do I contact for these life science courses? I have the department sheet but Life Science isn't on there. Anyone have luck getting in? And one my freinds came up with a wild story about how he needs the course and they opened a seat for him, this happen to anyone else?
Hey contact kathy mcintosh [email protected]
I just said that the course I wanted which was full, bio 2d03, was on my list and she opened up a spot for me. I'm trying to get into another bio course now though and I got an email saying that she is on leave until aug 25 (today) but have not heard yet so you can try giving a ring too (Ext. 23049)
Old 08-25-2009 at 02:07 PM   #3
sidraH

Liked: 0 Times

sinthusized do you know who I should contact if i wanted to get a spot opened up for me in stats 2bo3?
Old 08-25-2009 at 02:18 PM   #4
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidraH View Post
sinthusized do you know who I should contact if i wanted to get a spot opened up for me in stats 2bo3?
Try the mathematics & statistics department... they said no to me though because I was in second year! (Though I randomly got into it and then decided against taking it this year). If you are in third year, make sure you say that though... and I think they have to open it up for you. They explained to me that Stats 2b03 is preparatory for senior project/thesis so you should take it in 3rd year.
Old 08-25-2009 at 02:19 PM   #5
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidraH View Post
These guys are oyur best bets: http://www.math.mcmaster.ca/contact.php
Specifically use the extension under undergraduate inquiries.

I find that profs really can't do much to open courses for you, it's better to contact the departments.

sidraH says thanks to Fight0 for this post.