MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
timetable says to be selected by student sarahjeffs General Discussion 9 08-08-2011 11:47 PM
Life Sci 2CO3 Final Exam mcmasterrrrr General Discussion 6 04-04-2011 03:53 PM
English Courses Without a Final Exam? rrtt Academics 1 06-05-2009 04:33 PM
Chemistry 1A03 - Final Exam Prep Courses? Neilius Academics 3 10-11-2008 09:28 AM

life-sci final selected courses/ feebacks?

Old 06-26-2012 at 12:26 PM   #1
banana93

Liked: 11 Times

life-sci final selected courses/ feebacks?
hi im going ino first life-sci
i finally selected the courses i like to have + the term

term 1:
bio 1M03
bio 1A03
chem 1A03
math 1LS3
Kin 1Y03

Term 2:
music 1AA3
chem 1AA3
phy 1B03
MATH 1LT3
kin 1YY3

any feedback for this schedule?
Would it be difficult to handle two bios in one term? i took AP biology in highschool
Old 06-26-2012 at 12:44 PM   #2
kaitotst

Liked: 33 Times

It's doable, but it will be very strenuous. Not to mention, the bio midterms are a week a part from each other, in addition to the fact that you'll have to do a PBL project on top of a formal lab.

If you keep up with each week's lectures and stay on top of the material, you'll do fine. Keep in mind that bio isn't something you can cram.... (at least it's not something I can cram and I learned it the hard way).

Old 06-26-2012 at 12:51 PM   #3
banana93

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitotst View Post
It's doable, but it will be very strenuous. Not to mention, the bio midterms are a week a part from each other, in addition to the fact that you'll have to do a PBL project on top of a formal lab.

If you keep up with each week's lectures and stay on top of the material, you'll do fine. Keep in mind that bio isn't something you can cram.... (at least it's not something I can cram and I learned it the hard way).
is it possible to take kine 1yo3 and replace kine 1yy3 with eco 1bo3?
or both of kine 1yo3 and yy3 have to be taken?
Old 06-26-2012 at 01:00 PM   #4
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by annasung View Post
They are two separate courses. Nothing in the course calendar says you need to take 1YY3 if you take 1Y03.
Old 06-26-2012 at 01:06 PM   #5
sadeghi94

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
I was wondering the same thing, but to go to med (or vet) school, 6 units of social sci is needed. I really want to take kin for at least one term, but because of the med school prerequisites I have to choose between hth and age 1aa3/1bb3 and econ 1b03/1bb3. I dont know which one to choose, though, as people are giving mixed reviews about the difficulty of the courses (its an elective so I prefer something easy).
Old 06-26-2012 at 01:08 PM   #6
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadeghi94 View Post
I was wondering the same thing, but to go to med (or vet) school, 6 units of social sci is needed. I really want to take kin for at least one term, but because of the med school prerequisites I have to choose between hth and age 1aa3/1bb3 and econ 1b03/1bb3. I dont know which one to choose, though, as people are giving mixed reviews about the difficulty of the courses (its an elective so I prefer something easy).
You don't need to take all six units this year. You have at least three years to take two soc sci electives.

Also, many professional schools consider first-year psych (though not upper years) to be soc sci. You should look into that to see if they're accepted where you want to apply.

Darknight23 likes this.
Old 06-26-2012 at 01:14 PM   #7
Darknight23

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
You don't need to take all six units this year. You have at least three years to take two soc sci electives.

Also, many professional schools consider first-year psych (though not upper years) to be soc sci. You should look into that to see if they're accepted where you want to apply.
Oo,that's a relief, everyone at school was making it seem like it was a do or die situation in level 1.
Old 06-26-2012 at 01:22 PM   #8
sadeghi94

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post

If that is so, can I take econ 1b03 and 1bb3 first year and then kin 1y03 and 1yy3 second year? Would you recommend that?
Old 06-26-2012 at 01:33 PM   #9
banana93

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitotst View Post

The only reason I want to take both of the bios in the same term is to avoid professors QUinn/Evans?
Don't know how to spell their names correctly. But yeah. I heard they are two hard professors.
Would it be better to just take them and do each bio in 2 terms, to avoid too much of workload?
Any feedback?
Old 06-26-2012 at 01:38 PM   #10
MichaelScarn
Elite Member

Liked: 161 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadeghi94 View Post
If that is so, can I take econ 1b03 and 1bb3 first year and then kin 1y03 and 1yy3 second year? Would you recommend that?
That seems fine, nothing's stopping you from doing so. I would say though that from what I've heard, Kin 1Y03/1YY3 are incredibly competitive to get into for upper years because a lot of spots are reserved for first years. Not sure if that's true, but to be on the safe side, you could take the kins in first year and the econs in second year.

Quote:
The only reason I want to take both of the bios in the same term is to avoid professors QUinn/Evans?
Don't know how to spell their names correctly. But yeah. I heard they are two hard professors.
Would it be better to just take them and do each bio in 2 terms, to avoid too much of workload?
Any feedback?
Can't speak for Evans, but I had Quinn and I didn't find him extremely tough. The material was really boring IMO, but that'll be the same no matter which professor teaches.