MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Error Code: D001 - Error creating D2L token; connection ID 79ac7eef-5287-4630-9c50-45 ZSimon General Discussion 1 12-08-2013 01:53 AM
Transfer student into life Sci Jasonn First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 01-16-2013 06:09 AM
timetable error / bio 2a03 error Chevalier Academics 14 08-08-2011 08:50 PM
Life Sci student blocked out of Life Sci 2A03??? jubilantx Academics 4 06-14-2010 08:56 PM

Life Sci Student, capacity error BIO 1A03

Old 06-28-2015 at 08:37 AM   #1
RaazMan

Liked: 0 Times

Life Sci Student, capacity error BIO 1A03
Hi everyone, this is my very first post here and I'm excited for what's in store for me this upcoming Fall!
I've run into a problem. I'm a Life Sci registrant, and for some reason I'm getting a capacity error for BIO 1A03 which is a required course for me! I would think I would have a reserved seat, not the other way around. Please help.

On a side note, also having issues signing upto PHYSICS 1C03 (for life science) in the Fall, even though I've registered for Math in the Winter, (because I need to have credit or be enrolled in Math 1A03/1LS3--which I am!) Do I need to have Math and Physics in the same semester? I don't see why that should be the case since math is not listed as a co-requisite.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-28-2015 at 09:46 AM   #2
Imperious

Liked: 27 Times

Regarding the capicity error for bio, you should email the department (make sure to include your student number) and they will probably fix that for you.

Also just wanted to clarify that Physics 1C03 is for the Chemical and Physical Sciences and is more challenging than Physics 1A03 which is for the life sciences. Are you enrolled in Whmis 1A00 cuz that might be the issue?
Old 06-28-2015 at 10:17 AM   #3
shelbs

Liked: 15 Times

I could be wrong but "credit or registration in" usually means you have to have already taken a course, or be taking it concurrently
Old 06-28-2015 at 11:29 AM   #4
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbs View Post
I could be wrong but "credit or registration in" usually means you have to have already taken a course, or be taking it concurrently
If you have to take it concurrently, it is called a co-requisite. Credit or registration means just that - you either have already taken the course and have the credits for it, or you are registered in it.
Old 06-28-2015 at 02:29 PM   #5
shelbs

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
If you have to take it concurrently, it is called a co-requisite. Credit or registration means just that - you either have already taken the course and have the credits for it, or you are registered in it.
Ya I thought so but it didn't make much sense to me, as I thought the point was to either have taken the math or be taking it at the same time, in order to help with the physics. If you take math afterwards, it won't really help you. Maybe it isn't considered a "co-req" because you can either take it concurrently or have taken it previously. Oh well, thanks for the clarification and sorry I can't be more helpful.
Old 06-28-2015 at 03:23 PM   #6
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbs View Post
Ya I thought so but it didn't make much sense to me, as I thought the point was to either have taken the math or be taking it at the same time, in order to help with the physics. If you take math afterwards, it won't really help you. Maybe it isn't considered a "co-req" because you can either take it concurrently or have taken it previously. Oh well, thanks for the clarification and sorry I can't be more helpful.
I think it's more of a way of restricting the number of students who can register in the course, similar to how some courses are limited to certain programs.