MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
THESIS! Help me graduate plz ! silvasam47 Academics 1 12-01-2011 10:13 AM
4th year thesis & life sci seminar business Scarecrow Academics 9 11-27-2011 01:03 PM
Thesis amigojoe Academics 11 04-06-2011 05:25 PM
Thesis Critic Cliu91 Academics 0 11-13-2010 10:39 AM
Thesis nerual Academics 2 08-07-2010 12:07 AM

life sci thesis

Old 05-24-2012 at 12:55 PM   #1
kwyhan
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

life sci thesis
is it too late to do a thesis?
on the website it says the form is due August but i'm not sure if it's the form the date is refering to.
there is no need for searching for a professor as there is a professor who asked me if i was interested in doing a thesis. so i can submit a form right away

thanks!
Old 05-24-2012 at 01:17 PM   #2
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwyhan View Post
is it too late to do a thesis?
on the website it says the form is due August but i'm not sure if it's the form the date is refering to.
there is no need for searching for a professor as there is a professor who asked me if i was interested in doing a thesis. so i can submit a form right away

thanks!
Finding a supervisor is the hard part, so it's good that you've got that part covered. Are you looking to do a thesis or an independent study? There's different courses. I'm assuming you just finished 3rd year. If that's the case, the independent study permission form is due April or August depending on the course you want (i.e. how many units your thesis will be and how extensive you want the research). Your best bet is to email the faculty advisors in the Science office and see where you can go from there.

Check out these links:
http://www.science.mcmaster. ca/lif...criteria.p df
http://www.science.mcmaster. ca/lif...y-courses.html

kwyhan says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 05-24-2012 at 01:26 PM   #3
kwyhan
Elite Member

sarah robinson is away for the week.. urghhh.
i'm thinking of doing a thesis. a 9 unit course. there is another pdf form that says August 15th, but i wasn't sure if it's the form.
on page 3 http://www.science.mcmaster. ca/lif...ation_2011.pdf

help?

thanks!
Old 05-24-2012 at 03:55 PM   #4
gmoney

Liked: 21 Times

Hey, this is the form you need to fill out and hand in (in BSB, the room # is on the form). Just make sure to fill out the form, have your supervisor sign it, and hand it in by August 15 and you should be set to start your thesis in september.

http://www.science.mcmaster. ca/lifesciences/images/files/Life_Sciences_Indepen dent_study_course_per mission.pdf

kwyhan says thanks to gmoney for this post.
Old 05-28-2012 at 10:42 AM   #5
hikorystix

Liked: 0 Times

On the form, it says that a minimum CA of 8.5 is required. Do you know if they actually do checks on that?
Old 05-28-2012 at 10:49 AM   #6
kristina

It depends on the prof you get your thesis with. Some of them care and some of them don't, it depends.
Old 05-28-2012 at 11:07 AM   #7
hikorystix

Liked: 0 Times

Oh okay, because I found a prof who is going to supervise me but I wasn't sure if the life science office checks your CA when you hand in the form