MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Timetable suggestions... SaugaCity First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-15-2012 02:53 PM
Eng 1 Timetable & Prof List - Suggestions? michiidee Academics 4 08-09-2011 08:52 PM
LIFE SCIENCE Timetable :D Biochem47 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 08-26-2010 09:16 AM
Anyone has Life Sci 2A03 on their timetable yet? jubilantx Academics 9 08-14-2010 11:07 AM
check my timetable plz, life sci =] thx Elivs.L Academics 3 08-14-2010 09:03 AM

life sci timetable suggestions

Old 08-14-2012 at 12:33 PM   #1
ashlaaayyyyy

Liked: 3 Times

life sci timetable suggestions
Can anyone give me advice on changing my timetable?, because I feel like Monday may be too busy.

Old 08-14-2012 at 12:36 PM   #2
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

There are so many engineers reading this that probably want to rage for hearing you say that your monday looks too rough... Heck a lot of other people probably have worse. Pretty sure 6 hours of class in a day is not hard. Leave it as is because there is nothing to be complaining about with only 20 hours of class a week. Dont complain, instead consider yourself lucky!
Old 08-14-2012 at 12:49 PM   #3
ashlaaayyyyy

Sorry, I wasnt trying to complain. I guess busy wasn't really the right word to use. I mean, what I'm trying to ask is would I be confused (idk if that's the right word either) if I have a lecture from all 5 courses on the same day?

Afsha-noon likes this.
Old 08-14-2012 at 12:50 PM   #4
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

lectures are chillin. youre fine with 5 in a day.

Philipp31 likes this.
Old 08-14-2012 at 01:11 PM   #5
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlaaayyyyy View Post
Sorry, I wasnt trying to complain. I guess busy wasn't really the right word to use. I mean, what I'm trying to ask is would I be confused (idk if that's the right word either) if I have a lecture from all 5 courses on the same day?
Sorry just realize that came out a bit wrong on my part Five different courses in a day shouldnt be a problem for you. If you look at it this way, you did basically the same thing in high school
Old 08-14-2012 at 01:14 PM   #6
twinrainbow

Liked: 0 Times

maybe move psychology and biophy tutorial to tuesday
Old 08-14-2012 at 01:24 PM   #7
ashlaaayyyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris23 View Post
Sorry just realize that came out a bit wrong on my part Five different courses in a day shouldnt be a problem for you. If you look at it this way, you did basically the same thing in high school
That's true, I never noticed that before. So I guess I'll be fine just leaving it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrainbow View Post
maybe move psychology and biophy tutorial to tuesday
Biophys is only offered at 8:30 on tuesday, and I don't think I want another 8:30 class.

Chris23 likes this.
Old 08-14-2012 at 02:21 PM   #8
user9753
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 13 Times

I would say move your BIOPHYS 1S03 tutorial to another day. Four hours of class will be very stressful and you most likely will start losing your ability to concentrate after 2-3 hours of class. Also, If I were you I would fill up Tuesday morning and maybe even Friday morning with a tutorial, this forces you to wake up early. Otherwise you might sleep until your first class in the afternoon, and that's a lot of wasted time (unless you don't sleep and are really productive 12-5am).

You have a lot of good gaps though. To me any gap >= 2 hours is good for productivity.
Old 08-14-2012 at 02:52 PM   #9
ashlaaayyyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by user9753 View Post
Also, If I were you I would fill up Tuesday morning and maybe even Friday morning with a tutorial, this forces you to wake up early. Otherwise you might sleep until your first class in the afternoon, and that's a lot of wasted time (unless you don't sleep and are really productive 12-5am).

I actually kind of wanted to keep the Tuesday morning free because I feel like I would be very productive during that time. I'm not worried about sleeping in until my first class because normally i go to sleep around 12-3am and Ive never managed to be able to sleep in past 9am.
Old 08-14-2012 at 03:47 PM   #10
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times

Mondays should be fine. It's all in one building and there is a cafe in the building. 4 hours is a bit long but its not continuous (10 minute breaks every hour and probably the break after the tutorial might be a bit longer, as MOST courses I have taken didn't take full time for tutorials). In addition tutorials are a bit more interactive so I find it's harder to zone out in them. It's not terrible though, I've had worse. On the bright-side if you feel overwhelmed you have time for a nap in the early afternoon if you're not commuting.

ashlaaayyyyy says thanks to arathbon for this post.
Old 08-14-2012 at 05:45 PM   #11
Serene
Elite Member

Liked: 173 Times

Yay I'm taking biophys too (It's not as popular as I expected for a 1st year course)
Old 08-14-2012 at 06:12 PM   #12
ashlaaayyyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serene View Post
Yay I'm taking biophys too (It's not as popular as I expected for a 1st year course)
Which tutorial are you in?
Old 08-15-2012 at 09:08 PM   #13
IEatChalk

Liked: 0 Times

Sorta break that four hour chunk apart, really easy to lose focus on the later lectures, what I would say is to move the psych. Although it says its a core its just a tutorial, and my TA expected me to know everything from the online lectures which were up by friday previous I think, so if you move it a bit back you have more time to get through those. (Finishing them on the weekend is really the way to go though) But personally not too far back so there is a day or two to look it over before the weekly quiz is due.
Maybe move the chem to later in the week? And have the tutorial/lab after it so at the tutorial you will always know what is going on instead of occasionally have a few questions that you haven't even looked at in lecture yet.