MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
:D 1st year Lifesci cwong Introduce Yourself 1 07-07-2010 11:37 AM
Reinstatement to lifesci II ineedhelp!!! Academics 0 01-26-2010 05:27 PM
residence 2nd year - transfer student! canyoufindme Residence & Housing 15 11-10-2009 06:58 PM
Residence as an upper year student bigmac General Discussion 6 01-29-2009 10:35 PM

LifeSci student residence

Old 05-30-2011 at 06:26 PM   #1
IBB9780

Liked: 1 Time

LifeSci student residence
Hey everyone, accepted my offer for Mac Life Sci yesterday and I'll be staying on campus this upcoming year so I was hoping some of you could offer some advice...

Is there an ideal residence for a Life Sci student? (i.e Bates, etc..)

When I'm choosing room prefs, what does 'double' and 'single' refer to?

Any other advice/opinions for me concerned with residence are much appreciated...
Old 05-30-2011 at 06:34 PM   #2
Philipp31
Elite Member

Liked: 192 Times

I don't think that the residence and program have anything to do with each other, so an ideal residence doesn't really exist. As for double just means 1 room, with 2 beds, single is 1 room with 1 bed. Have you visited the campus?
Old 05-30-2011 at 06:43 PM   #3
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

On the residence application i don't think you can choose what residence you want. Just the types of rooms.
Old 05-30-2011 at 06:44 PM   #4
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

Regardless, you can't pick which residence building you're going to be in. I would consider things the typical things, how many roommates you want to live with, kitchen or no kitchen... etc. Cost is also a factor that will sway your decision.

I think you should eliminate the ones you don't want for sure and then start asking about the ones you do want.
Old 05-30-2011 at 06:46 PM   #5
IBB9780

Liked: 1 Time

Yes, but not a guided tour...:S

Realized very late that I wanted to go to Mac.
Old 05-30-2011 at 06:52 PM   #6
wallisjl

Liked: 0 Times

It's not too late to take a guided tour. Although applications to residence close on June 2nd, coming for a tour can still give you valuable information. I work for the Residence Office and l will be giving tours this summer. As for which residence you live in, it's lottery, so apart from the style you wish to live in and who you wish to live with, you have little choice in regards to buildings. I lived in residence for two years and it's really what you make of it. After welcome week you will have so much pride for your building, regardless of where you're placed Every opportunity in residence is given in all 12 building.
Old 05-30-2011 at 06:52 PM   #7
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

http://housing.mcmaster.ca/residence...urs/index.html

I personally didn't worry too much. But you can get tours on your own time, without everyone else fighting to space to see things which is much better than crowding around with people to see it.
Old 05-30-2011 at 07:07 PM   #8
Emily T

Liked: 0 Times

Are there any summer tours on saturdays?